Taking shoots on moon

Anthen

Aug 18, 2010
Hi.. i was wondering lots of photographer took shots of sunsets, sunrise and stars etc.. But seldom see posts of photographer taking shots of moon i.e full moon, crescent shape etc..
Yesterday i took a shot of half-shape moon and was being told by my traditional-thinking parents that we should not take pictures of the moon. Is tat true?? Or due to certain religious belief??

Rashkae

Nov 28, 2005
1. The Night photography section is full of moon shots. I'm guessing you have not actually explored the forum yet.
2. Probably a religious belief.

BaneMKII

Apr 3, 2009
East
No idea, but i wanted to shoot the moon yesterday cauz it was very orange and was a "U" shape. Unfortunately it was blocked out by the clouds and got sleepy from waiting. Maybe yr parents scared u accidently shoot the girl on the moon while she was having a change of clothes... :p

ZerocoolAstra

Mar 13, 2008
rainy Singapore
Shots on moon will require cooperation of NASA or one of its foreign counterparts. Space travel not so cheap... :)

Shots of moon possible with long telephoto lens.:bsmilie:

I tried with 300mm on DX camera, still feels like not enough reach. Gave up.

nitewalk

Staff member
May 31, 2010
Singapore
Looking at the title, I thought you wanted to travel to the moon to do a shoot. :sweat:
Haha I came into this thread, intending to say that.

TS, its "Taking shots of the moon". :)

catchlights

Staff member
Sep 27, 2004
Punggol, Singapore
www.foto-u.com
Hi.. i was wondering lots of photographer took shots of sunsets, sunrise and stars etc.. But seldom see posts of photographer taking shots of moon i.e full moon, crescent shape etc..
Yesterday i took a shot of half-shape moon and was being told by my traditional-thinking parents that we should not take pictures of the moon. Is tat true?? Or due to certain religious belief??
I only heard that can't point at the moon using fingers, else your ears will be cut.

Top Bottom