Taking Portrait photo

babykoh

Jun 27, 2007
Can anyone advice, please. I'm using kinoflo 4 lamp white light (2 sets) for the setup. Using green backdrop so that can change the backdrop digitally. Can advice hope to setup and what lens to use and setting? Using Nikon D200 for the camera. Some of the people is wearing glasses got problem on the glasses reflection. Errm, can show mi this sat on the setup? Sorry cos arrow my gf asked me to help and i dun know how to setup in a small room. Tks

catch no balls.

what lens and stuff? no bao ka liao setting for photography. since u using kino, i guess u gotta either pump up the iso which might not look good if using d200 or use a fast lens but u might not be able to stop down too much or slow shutter speed which have its own set of problems.

reflection in glass. either DI or adjust the lights till they don't show. only 2 methods. haha

what lens and stuff? no bao ka liao setting for photography. since u using kino, i guess u gotta either pump up the iso which might not look good if using d200 or use a fast lens but u might not be able to stop down too much or slow shutter speed which have its own set of problems.

reflection in glass. either DI or adjust the lights till they don't show. only 2 methods. haha

yup... what lenses do you use anyways? we don't have the powers of Charles Xavier to read your mind.

and yes... you need to arrange the lights so the reflection doesn't show up on the spectacles.

DI will be harder, so i suggest that you get the lighting right.

portrait shooting is not like a pack of instant maggie mee that you can open up add hot water and, voila!!

It need lot of hands on plus trial and error. you can look at Youtude for many tutorials on lighting and camera setup. and also chromkey set up.

anyway, since you are using continuous light source, you can move the light around till you able get rid of the glass reflection, if you don't want to do DI, than go pasar malam buy some spec similar what they wear, remove the lens and let them wear for the shoot.