Taking pictures of Genting highlands

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm using d80 too. it took me a while to realised that you can control everything from outside ie white balance, exposure, iso,etc... ( i know it's damn noob)

Go to any of the PMSA mode, you can press and hold the exposure button (the one with +/- sign on the top of your camera) and adjust the metering to change the exposure from outside.

after you play around with exposure button, try other buttons like wb, iso....... do the same thing by pressing and holding and adjusting the metering...

I agree that by playing around with your d80 then you can learn more....

good luck :)

Manual mode, how to bias exposure?

metering recorded, read my post again..

go and check your own, maybe you will understand what i mean

yesterday i took a photo, i remember i based on in-cam metering since using centre weighted, should be accurate, shot at 0 ev, my exif also says exposure bias 0 step even when i used manual mode. :)

actually, i have never really bothered much with intrinsics of exif

his photo exif data says eveyrthing mentioned already
iso 100, f/4, 1/25 seconds, manual mode, pattern metering

there is a line saying exposure bias, that i also have for my own camera, which seems to record the ev used for the photo even when in manual based on metering

his exposure bias is -0.7 EV, if that is the case, then there is really something wrong with his camera metering

threadstarter - have you taken any other pictures?

Ya i have taken other pictures.. Turned out ok

in that case it is probably a one off thing

maybe something you did in genting, as to what, i wasn't there, so i won't know. :)

I think maybe its because of the settings i had at the point when i was taking the picture.

Anyway.. Thank you very much for helping me

metering recorded, read my post again..

go and check your own, maybe you will understand what i mean

yesterday i took a photo, i remember i based on in-cam metering since using centre weighted, should be accurate, shot at 0 ev, my exif also says exposure bias 0 step even when i used manual mode. :)
Ya. Correct. What the bias in exif mean was the cam was set to -0.7ev thus (if) you follow the recommended setting. It will give you a -0.7 underexposure.

But like you say, cam only recommends. TS did not adjust the cam setting resulting in different exposure regardless of the cam metering (bias or not).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.