Taking photos without permission is now illegal in Hungary

This from the country of origin of Joseph Pulitzer and Robert Capa?

Will this hurt their tourism industry? I hope so. Tourist arrivals drop to near zero for next 20 years.

So if the Hungarian is inside a football stadium, he has to ask the other 20,000 spectators on the opposite side for permission before he can take a photo?

lets see how Hungary enforces the law :bsmilie:

probably just a case of overzealousness coupled with lack of common sense, nature will return this to balance soon enough.

If this covers video, be ready for lawsuits against everyone who have security cameras with coverage that include public area ;p
If it doesn't cover video, people can just record video while walking around and pick favorite frames later ;p

Maybe it's the intent, rather the letter of the law that is important. Of course you can't police this 24/7 for every square inch of the land, but it allows someone, say, a young lady who was wearing a miniskirt, to go to the police should a random guy be taking photos of her. Probably be an extra law to throw at stalkers too, and maybe paparazzi who do a Lady Diana type pursuit of popular people.

At least I hope this is the case. If not, then there are going to be some tourists who will enjoy a Government sposored guided tour of the local jail ^-^

If not, then there are going to be some tourists who will enjoy a Government sposored guided tour of the local jail ^-^

Can take photos during such tours you think?

silly law, might as well ban all image recording device and all handphone,laptop,tablet should have their camera uninstalled like our old mindef decision. send iphone to shop and remove the camera....

I taking photo of the sky but the building n people come inside my photo. How? Ha ha!

I taking photo of the sky but the building n people come inside my photo. How? Ha ha!

Pls proceed to photoshop out all the human beings in the photo or either ask for written consent from them ;)

let's see how true is this new law.. will be going there next month!

Pls let us know before u fly over .. If we don't see u logging in for a month at least someone will know what happened haha. Enjoy the trip :)

Luckily my 1 month Europe trip never hit that country. Anyway, too far for me to go since I coming from uk n need to get back to paris. I even can't go to poland, Hungary can forget it.

Please test this law by taking lots of photographs without asking permission. Get in touch with the Singapore Embassy there if you are imprisoned.

Back from my trip.. as you can see from this image taken 2 weeks back, nobody gives a damn if their photos were taken without permission..

Szechenyi Baths

I can't imagine you cannot take a general street shot with people in the background. Then any show or advertisement shot there must an empty street! Ghost town?

Of course if you take a photo of a person directly without his permission, that is another story. It is already very challenging doing that in developed countries now.

Hmm... that is a bit silly. I position my camera, wait till there are no one around and ready to shoot, just as I press my shutter button, someone walked into the frame... and I am breaking the law?

I sure hope Singapore don't have this law passes down... or frankly speaking, I can only shoot in the dead of the night and having sent a couple of my friends to scout entire ten kilometers to ensure that there are no one around, before I can shoot. And after that... when someone show up in my photo, I know it was not human.