taking photos with old Canon T50+Tokina zoom lense+attachable flash at a concert?

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

fumukim

taking photos with old Canon T50+Tokina zoom lense 80mm-200mm+attachable flash at a concert?
Is it possible from a distance about 30-50 meters?

I don't really know much about this camera coz it's left by my dad. Should i set the aperture to Auto or should i set to max aperture, coz at the concert it'll be dark. Shutter speed don't seem to be adjustable.

pls advice

shd be ok lah the zoom... can see as up to 3/4 person... as for shutter speed have u tried playing around more? I think the lighting shd be quite bright... u can try buying press 800 film

fumukim, don't bother with the flash. at that range, you'll be better off with a higher ISO film like what denizenx says... press 800 is good. can push to 1600 at a pinch. :thumbsup:

Originally posted by denizenx
shd be ok lah the zoom... can see as up to 3/4 person... as for shutter speed have u tried playing around more? I think the lighting shd be quite bright... u can try buying press 800 film

thanks for ur reply.

My camera is really old, it doesn't have a function to set the shutter speed, it sound always the same. ok. i'll try get a 800 or 1600, but i heard that the outcome photos will look grainy.

dun get the 1600! LOL unless u want the grainy mtv look... hmmm
actually wun be too bad if u set the speed to slightly less... eg set 1600 at 1250... but dunno ur t50 got custom DX or not..

Originally posted by denizenx
dun get the 1600! LOL unless u want the grainy mtv look... hmmm
actually wun be too bad if u set the speed to slightly less... eg set 1600 at 1250... but dunno ur t50 got custom DX or not..

eh..wat is DX?

then i think i get a 800 instead. Hope i can take good pic. thankz for all your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.