Taking photos of IMF security = ass kicking?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, yes I am serious. I want to get a shot of this once in a lifetime event. I'm not doing it to circumvent security or anything like that. I'll be very open and honest about my intentions and if I'm asked to delete the photos I will.

I would just love to get a shot of the security -- mainly the armed ghurkas. I reckon it would be such a great photo and I know not many people are going to head down and do it.

Wish me luck. Full report to come.

How about asking Charby to organise a Bikini photo shoot by the Barb wire fences. That'll be a nice contrast eh ? ;)

It all boil down on luck;) If they are in a good mood and you are not too much a thorn in their flesh. You might get away with it. Oh close up is not a good idea:bsmilie: Love to see your photos of this adventure.

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
not that i am racist here... it will boils down to the color of your skin... no prize for guessing the correct color that won't get interrogated...
Let me guess..... white and black (i mean real black) should be okie ....:bsmilie:
anything in between ..... haha, best of luck to you ...:sweat:

i guess it would b better to post any pic AFTER the IMF event..

thedellis said:
Thanks, Static.

You know what? I'm heading down! Where's the best barricades/ghurkas combo?
at the entrance of the SUntec Convention Halls .... where all the Presidents, Chairmans, Bankers, Prime Ministers, etc will be dropping off from their sponsored BMW 745i .... :bsmilie:
Plse say hi for me to the ghurkas there and best of luck to you!:sweat: and also hi to the Dr in case next week you are in the same room with the Dr.

reno77 said:
How about asking Charby to organise a Bikini photo shoot by the Barb wire fences. That'll be a nice contrast eh ? ;)

Wahaha later the delegates oso take out their DSLR or PnS and start shooting. Who cares about meetings

;) "Look here, oh yes. Good ! Smile abit more. Oh yes ! I like it ;p "

armed ghurkas? see if you can spot/locate the forward base/s for our star teams. my guess is one of it may be at the former beach road police station. or even within suntec itself. have fun. at the aerospace exh at changi shortly after 9/11, their assault vehicles were spotted directly opposite the exhibition site. have fun!

thedellis said:
Well, yes I am serious. I want to get a shot of this once in a lifetime event. I'm not doing it to circumvent security or anything like that. I'll be very open and honest about my intentions and if I'm asked to delete the photos I will.

I would just love to get a shot of the security -- mainly the armed ghurkas. I reckon it would be such a great photo and I know not many people are going to head down and do it.

Wish me luck. Full report to come.

dEthANGeL said:
Use a super-zoom ... :bsmilie: stand far far away...

Use 500mm should be good:bsmilie:

devilboy said:
Use 500mm should be good:bsmilie:

arm yourself with a 1.4 and 2x extender and wear bulletproof vest.

Take care and good luck

if you strongly believe your cause , then you should go for it, most people here are just so comfortable behind their computers.

reachme2003 said:
armed ghurkas? see if you can spot/locate the forward base/s for our star teams. my guess is one of it may be at the former beach road police station. or even within suntec itself. have fun. at the aerospace exh at changi shortly after 9/11, their assault vehicles were spotted directly opposite the exhibition site. have fun!

Do check out the former supreme court..;)

I'm back, and I have a terrible tale to tell of...

POLICE BRUTALITY!

First, I thought it would be wise to have the camera out, instead of rooting though a bag at a sentry point. So I've got my dSLR in hand, and very obviously so. I'm 6'2", hard to miss. So I very obviously make my way to a sentry point with three heavily armed men and ask if I can take a photo.

You could see the hunger in their eyes. They had all that weaponry -- the guns, the sprays, the tasers, the truncheons and you could tell they wanted to use them. And along I come, into their trap. What happened then was unforgettable.

"I'm sorry, Sir, but all photography is forbidden here."
"Are you sure?"
"Yes, Sir. I am afraid that those are the rules.
- pause -
"Oh."
- pause -
"Have a great day, Sir."

It was horrible this awful brutatlity, but I am made of hard stuff so I asked at a few more posts. Each time the retribution was swift and terrible. "I am sorry, Sir. No photos."

This happened as I made my way about Suntec...until the last post. What happened next will always chill my blood!

Because I was disoriented from circumnavigating Suntec, this uniformed barbarian, he...he...he politely gave me very helpful and succinct directions to the MRT. It was horrible! The brute!

Right now you may be saying to yourself, I told you so!, but you'd be wrong, dead wrong.

Did I get my photo? You bet your sweet ass I did! It's not the shot I wanted, but I think as a reward for walking up to so many heavily armed men it's good.

I'll pop it up once it's edited.

thedellis said:
I'm back, and I have a terrible tale to tell of...

POLICE BRUTALITY!

First, I thought it would be wise to have the camera out, instead of rooting though a bag at a sentry point. So I've got my dSLR in hand, and very obviously so. I'm 6'2", hard to miss. So I very obviously make my way to a sentry point with three heavily armed men and ask if I can take a photo.

You could see the hunger in their eyes. They had all that weaponry -- the guns, the sprays, the tasers, the truncheons and you could tell they wanted to use them. And along I come, into their trap. What happened then was unforgettable.

"I'm sorry, Sir, but all photography is forbidden here."
"Are you sure?"
"Yes, Sir. I am afraid that those are the rules.
- pause -
"Oh."
- pause -
"Have a great day, Sir."

It was horrible this awful brutatlity, but I am made of hard stuff so I asked at a few more posts. Each time the retribution was swift and terrible. "I am sorry, Sir. No photos."

This happened as I made my way about Suntec...until the last post. What happened next will always chill my blood!

Because I was disoriented from circumnavigating Suntec, this uniformed barbarian, he...he...he politely gave me very helpful and succinct directions to the MRT. It was horrible! The brute!

Right now you may be saying to yourself, I told you so!, but you'd be wrong, dead wrong.

Did I get my photo? You bet your sweet ass I did! It's not the shot I wanted, but I think as a reward for walking up to so many heavily armed men it's good.

I'll pop it up once it's edited.

Haha, the brutality is just horrible, I feel so bad for you!

MAY THIS BE A WARNING TO ALL BUDDING PHOTOGRAPHERS WHO AIM TO CAPTURE THE SECURITY FORCE AT THEIR MOST LETHAL!

Real Smooth man, glad you got your shot!

Status
Not open for further replies.