Taking photos of IMF security = ass kicking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thedellis

Jan 27, 2006
Singapore
fermentedbrick.blogspot.com
I'm thinking of heading down to the barricades, and taking some shots of the security there (the walls, razor wire, guards). Am I likely to be trundled off for questioning and a thorough beating, even though I'll be doing the tourist thing?

thedellis said:
I'm thinking of heading down to the barricades, and taking some shots of the security there (the walls, razor wire, guards). Am I likely to be trundled off for questioning and a thorough beating, even though I'll be doing the tourist thing?

not that i am racist here... it will boils down to the color of your skin... no prize for guessing the correct color that won't get interrogated...

thedellis said:

I dont think you will be taken away for questioning, but they wont be best pleased, try your luck, you might get away with it you might not, just decide whether its worth it or not. Oh and remember if its a public place they have no righ to tell you to stop taking photos or to delete photos.

Do let us know how you get on (if you go)!

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
not that i am racist here... it will boils down to the color of your skin... no prize for guessing the correct color that won't get interrogated...

I dont think this is really true, myslef and other photographers from the UK have been stopped and questioned before.

ndroo said:
If you ever make it back, don't forget to share the photos :p

Jokin.

u make it sound like he is a suicide bomber... :bsmilie:

ah ya... not everything is by beating.

I think it is ok to just go there. The cops will just you nicely to go away or move away. My father went there to have a look. The cops just nicely told him to go off:think:

Use a super-zoom ... :bsmilie: stand far far away...

dEthANGeL said:
Use a super-zoom ... :bsmilie: stand far far away...

:think: If kanna spotted by police using super-zoom taking pics from far will be worst off. :sweat:

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
beware lor... wait you kena shot by sniper... BTTL style (bullet thru the Lens..)

:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie: ...

Taurean said:
If kanna spotted by police using super-zoom taking pics from far will be worst off.

Also true ... :think: ... i actually wanted to shoot those wire fence etc. But only managed to do so with my HP cam ... :sweat:

dEthANGeL said:
:
Also true ... :think: ... i actually wanted to shoot those wire fence etc. But only managed to do so with my HP cam ... :sweat:

Maybe take pics with PnS is ok but take with DSLR will draw attention from the police :sweat:

thedellis said:
Is there a filter I can buy to prevent BTTL? ;)

To be honest, I am a little chicken. Still trying to pluck up the courage to head down.

hmm try asking oakley to make a plutonite 1 for u... but i dunno if it can withstand sniper rounds anot, only see some showcase on pallets...

just beware of the color cast...

Also, I think if I'm pretty obvious about my intentions -- camera out, slow shots, looking whiter than white -- I might be alright. ****, I might even just boldy point at camera, point at them, mime taking shots. (While they mime handcuffs, beating with truncheon back at me) ;)

thedellis said:
Also, I think if I'm pretty obvious about my intentions -- camera out, slow shots, looking whiter than white -- I might be alright. ****, I might even just boldy point at camera, point at them, mime taking shots. (While they mime handcuffs, beating with truncheon back at me) ;)

Call me if you need someone to bail u out :cool:

By posting such a thread, you may get a PM from Department of Intenal Security.

But if you get a PM from a buyer for the photos, follow the trail and it may lead you to the most wanted man in the world. :sweatsm:

thedellis said:
Thanks, Static.

You know what? I'm heading down! Where's the best barricades/ghurkas combo?

Mr Ang Moh, are u serious ? :eek: :bigeyes:
Most likely you would be chased away after taking a few shots.

Worse ...

centuryegg said:
You may have police coming up to you and asking you to surrender your card or delete everything, protesting might land you in 24 hr detention for obstructing justice.

Sion said:
By posting such a thread, you may get a PM from Department of Intenal Security.

:sweat: :sweat:

Status
Not open for further replies.