Status
Not open for further replies.

wdEvA

Sep 1, 2006
etanphotography.com
hey guys, i'm intending on getting a

Sigma APO 70-300 DG Macro
Canon 50mm f1.8

For taking flowers, will the canon be better, or the sigma with macro?

Thanks

Canon 100mm F2.8 Macro or Tamron 90mm should be better choices.

hmm the sigma gives a macro of 1:2..

as i'll definately be getting the sigma as a tele lens.. so just wondering will the canon50mm be better for flowers? or the sigma.. else i'll just save up for another lens for the flowers later on..

hmm the sigma gives a macro of 1:2..

as i'll definately be getting the sigma as a tele lens.. so just wondering will the canon50mm be better for flowers? or the sigma.. else i'll just save up for another lens for the flowers later on..

i'm using both the tamron90 and sigma. for macro shots, the sigma gives me a further distance from the subject - abt .5m to 1m the tamron u need to get up to 6-10 inches from the subject. however pictures are sharper and bigger 1:1 for the tamron. i realli like macro and the tamron is my fav lens :)

im not so sure abt the canon but it sounds like with 50mm u'll have to be super close.

You'll have to use a tripod for the sigma when u take macro coz its really hard to focus at that distance. also any flash u use may be too far to reach etc. i tink for flowers its ok la, coz they dun run away and are not that small compared with insects. but theres still wind...

i bought the sigma first for the same reason as you, i needed a tele lens. i think its really a good buy considering its price and versatility. sharpness can't really say as im pro enough to find the difference :) the auto focus mechanism is really slow so i usually use manual.

if i had to bring ONE lens with me, i'd always take the sigma :thumbsup: i guess no rush to buy right? just try the sigma first la, when u realli wan to do some serious macro then get the dedicated macro lens.

if u wanna try my setup feel free to PM me, can jus follow me on my next weekend shoot.

just my 2 cents :D sry its so disorganized..very late already zzz

Yup, using a 50mm you'll have to be real close. The Tamron 90mm is one of the favourite & hot lens for Macro shoots. I would suggest to get the Sigma 70-300mm & a Tamron 90mm.

hmm guess i'll get the sigma 1st and save up later on..
Thanks for the help =)

Status
Not open for further replies.