Taking photos of cans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dorts

Mar 10, 2007
SG
Hello,

May I know how would I go about taking photos of cans? Those aluminum cans. I want to make it into something like a booklet or catalog, one can one page.

How would I go about lighting it up and make sure the can isn't too reflective? What are the stuff needed to do so? Budget lighting setup at home? Thanks. :)

light tent in the sunlight

Is sunlight good? Or do I need to use bulbs?

And also, where to get cheap light tents? $50 not that cheap. :bsmilie: No time to make one. ;p

buy tracing papers. stretch them over a sizeable frame and hold them over the cans. out of camera angle, of course. use them outdoor, in overhead sunlight. no lights needed.

Last edited:
Consider getting a laundry bag. The boxy kind, with translucent white frabric

Thanks for the suggestions, any more ideas? :)

Hello,

May I know how would I go about taking photos of cans? Those aluminum cans. I want to make it into something like a booklet or catalog, one can one page.

How would I go about lighting it up and make sure the can isn't too reflective? What are the stuff needed to do so? Budget lighting setup at home? Thanks. :)

not sure what sort of look you want

but you can try light painting at night.. at the very least, it will be fun. :bsmilie:

Hello,

Mr Ortega has already given you the best and workable advice.
Is sunlight good? Or do I need to use bulbs?

And also, where to get cheap light tents? $50 not that cheap. :bsmilie: No time to make one. ;p
you sure you don't want to invest $50 for that? since you are making a booklet or catalog, skimp on this, may risk yourself on poor quality on the total output, wasting all the efforts and investment in the end.

Hmm. Maybe I should invest in a light tent. :)

I'll tell you of the outcome, I hope. :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.