Taking photos of cans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dorts

Mar 10, 2007
SG
Hello,

May I know how would I go about taking photos of cans? Those aluminum cans. I want to make it into something like a booklet or catalog, one can one page.

How would I go about lighting it up and make sure the can isn't too reflective? What are the stuff needed to do so? Budget lighting setup at home? Thanks. :)

dorts

Mar 10, 2007
SG
light tent in the sunlight
Is sunlight good? Or do I need to use bulbs?

And also, where to get cheap light tents? $50 not that cheap. :bsmilie: No time to make one. ;p

reachme2003

Oct 6, 2003
buy tracing papers. stretch them over a sizeable frame and hold them over the cans. out of camera angle, of course. use them outdoor, in overhead sunlight. no lights needed.

Last edited:

GavinTing

Oct 16, 2007
Consider getting a laundry bag. The boxy kind, with translucent white frabric

dorts

Mar 10, 2007
SG
Thanks for the suggestions, any more ideas? :)

night86mare

Deregistered
Aug 25, 2006
www.pbase.com
Hello,

May I know how would I go about taking photos of cans? Those aluminum cans. I want to make it into something like a booklet or catalog, one can one page.

How would I go about lighting it up and make sure the can isn't too reflective? What are the stuff needed to do so? Budget lighting setup at home? Thanks. :)
not sure what sort of look you want

but you can try light painting at night.. at the very least, it will be fun. :bsmilie:

catchlights

Staff member
Sep 27, 2004
Punggol, Singapore
www.foto-u.com
Hello,

Mr Ortega has already given you the best and workable advice.
Is sunlight good? Or do I need to use bulbs?

And also, where to get cheap light tents? $50 not that cheap. :bsmilie: No time to make one. ;p
you sure you don't want to invest $50 for that? since you are making a booklet or catalog, skimp on this, may risk yourself on poor quality on the total output, wasting all the efforts and investment in the end.

dorts

Mar 10, 2007
SG
Hmm. Maybe I should invest in a light tent. :)

I'll tell you of the outcome, I hope. :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom