Taking photos in club

zwl88

Feb 22, 2009
Siglap, Bedok
Hi all.

Am invited to a fashion event at Zouk. Taking photos of models down a catwalk, as well as photos of the event go-ers, crowd etc. I would be venturing into the back-room as well

What sort of extra equipment should i rent/borrow for take photos under such settings?
What should i take note of, in terms of photography, under club settings?

Thanks in advance for replying.

P.S yes i do have a media pass for the event, would be able to get before the "barriers" and up close to the models, current equipment i have are below in my sig ...

Hi all.

Am invited to a fashion event at Zouk. Taking photos of models down a catwalk, as well as photos of the event go-ers, crowd etc. I would be venturing into the back-room as well

What sort of extra equipment should i rent/borrow for take photos under such settings?

P.S yes i do have a media pass for the event, would be able to get before the "barriers" and up close to the models, current equipment i have are below in my sig ...

a 70-200/2.8 IS would be useful. And a flash. For backstage, use a fast prime like 24mm or 35mm

Last edited:
if you are using ff then consider 85 1.4, if dx then afs 50 1.4
sure can use under low light condition.

Hi all.

I think the FF body + 50/1.8 and 28/2.8 is not bad.
since you have 'all access pass', tele range may not be so necessary.

I don't see an external flash in your equipment list though... I think you'll need it and also practise to become competent with it.

But probably most important of all is preparation and familiarity, so you don't become "kan cheong spider" when the time comes.

it all depends where you are shooting from and the kind of lighting. The 24-105L could possibly do it all.

anything else depends on the look you want in your photos.