Taking photos in bukit brown cemetry

Soulblade88

Deregistered
Apr 6, 2014
Singapore
Has anyone ever taken pictures over there before? Some of the tombs should be quite interesting to take. I think going in the morning would be preferable. Night shots won't be too clear.

Has anyone ever taken pictures over there before? Some of the tombs should be quite interesting to take. I think going in the morning would be preferable. Night shots won't be too clear.

I am interested too. Next sat am we go?

Some things might be clearer at night ;)

Do note that it's a popular spot for riders from the 3 equestrian centres in the area -- horses can be fidgety, so don't startle them, and don't use flash around them :)

Some things might be clearer at night ;)

Do note that it's a popular spot for riders from the 3 equestrian centres in the area -- horses can be fidgety, so don't startle them, and don't use flash around them :)

So they only bring the horses to ride there at night?

Erm , going at whatever timings is up to oneself.
But do be respectful & think about safety.

And if u plan to shoot at night for whatever reasons, pls do be very thoughtful about the usage of flash.

If you guys are going, prepare lots of mosquito repellents, and preferably wear boots if you decide to get off the track to bash around. Night will be interesting if you have the equipments to set up strategic lightings, though I would love to join in.

If you guys want to drive around to shoot, pls go slow, there are many residents bringing their dogsssss for a walk in morning and evening, and if you see a white lady riding a horse on the road, NEVER fear, be considerate, just go slow wait for her to give way then you pass slowly, without spooking the horse. Nope, not talking about 7th Month things, they're residents who own horses there.

Here are just afew amateur record shots

14877033713_78ed52d0c5_z.jpg

14854682604_7fdb4900a4_z.jpg

14670619377_848b91f988_z.jpg

14670520109_d2ab3077df_z.jpg

Last edited:
So they only bring the horses to ride there at night?

He is replying to you about shooting there in the morning which was what you stated that you intend to do.

He is replying to you about shooting there in the morning which was what you stated that you intend to do.

He replied with some things might be clearer at night and told me not to use flash around them and you mostly use flash at night cos it's clear in the day.

He replied with some things might be clearer at night and told me not to use flash around them and you mostly use flash at night cos it's clear in the day.

In that post, just THAT post alone, he used two paragraphs. First paragraphs is (probably) a joke about 'things' may be clearer at night, a reference possibly to spirits. In the second paragraph, he is referring to your post about a visit in the morning. He may not be clear but i can pretty much understand what he is saying through a little bit of inference.

Ah, ignore the part about things being clearer at night. Nitewalk was right -- I was kidding about spirits.

Regarding the use of flash, I was referring to use of flash around horses -- not a good idea. I've seen a horse spook and throw its rider when a flash was used. This was in the daytime. In general, don't shout (or horn, if you're driving), run (esp towards the horse), or do anything that an animal might think is threatening (a tripod could look threatening). Just walk calmly past them, without getting too close, or step aside to let them pass. Don't walk behind them, within kicking range.

Reactions: nitewalk
Anyone interested to go on fri night?