Taking photography at Cameron_Highland

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicholas68

Deregistered
Jun 3, 2005
Sembawang
Hi all

I will be going to Cameron Highland for the coming long weekend. Can anybody tell me is there any nice places around there is take nice photography.

ty
nicholas

It's not really that pretty but if you get up early and drive up the mountain, you can get shots of mist-covered tea plantations on the sides of the mountains. Quite invigorating.

The other parts of Cameron Highlands are too touristy-- people selling drinks and food, souvenirs, etc. The night market at the top is quite good for food.

Wai Leong
===
nicholas68 said:
Hi all

I will be going to Cameron Highland for the coming long weekend. Can anybody tell me is there any nice places around there is take nice photography.

ty
nicholas

nicholas68 said:
Hi all

ty
nicholas

Hi, you may check with this link, we have mention some places name and photos as well, we just went couples of months ago. It may help you. :)

http://www.photomalaysia.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9958

waileong said:
It's not really that pretty but if you get up early and drive up the mountain, you can get shots of mist-covered tea plantations on the sides of the mountains. Quite invigorating.

The other parts of Cameron Highlands are too touristy-- people selling drinks and food, souvenirs, etc. The night market at the top is quite good for food.

Wai Leong
===

Thank for the infor. i think I will wake up early in the morning . thank again.

If you can afford it, stay at the colonial houses and enjoy the English tea and scones. Otherwise there's numerous cheap accommodation starting at Ringlet all the way up the mountain. There's also 5-star hotels.

The colonial houses themselves make good backdrops for photo shoots if you have a model. But be warned the restaurants are expensive.

The so-called attractions-- honey farms, botanic gardens, etc-- are tourist traps.

You could consider going on a guided hike if you want to take some unique pictures.

If you stay away from the towns and the lights, you could probably take good pictures of star trails.

The waterfalls are good for a dip.

Driving downhill in the dark is dangerous, esp. if the trail is muddy or slippery. Be careful.

Wai Leong
===
nicholas68 said:
Thank for the infor. i think I will wake up early in the morning . thank again.

waileong said:
If you can afford it, stay at the colonial houses and enjoy the English tea and scones. Otherwise there's numerous cheap accommodation starting at Ringlet all the way up the mountain. There's also 5-star hotels.

The colonial houses themselves make good backdrops for photo shoots if you have a model. But be warned the restaurants are expensive.

The so-called attractions-- honey farms, botanic gardens, etc-- are tourist traps.

You could consider going on a guided hike if you want to take some unique pictures.

If you stay away from the towns and the lights, you could probably take good pictures of star trails.

The waterfalls are good for a dip.

Driving downhill in the dark is dangerous, esp. if the trail is muddy or slippery. Be careful.

Wai Leong
===

Thank a lot for the infor

cheer
nicholas

Status
Not open for further replies.