Taking photo in Kinokuniya

Tinyl

Aug 9, 2005
Well I have ideas for a photo set with somewhere full of books, and Kinokuniya comes to mind as the perfect place. Unfortunately I don't think they allow camera inside there (later will go and check again).

So is there any other place that I can have this photo set done? Any recommendation will be highly appreciated.

Thank you.

I don't think any shop allows photography inside the store...

Hide your camera first, look for the spot you want to take. You can then do a quick snap and go. just dun stand and shoot too long to catch attention.

I'm now at Liang Court, my cam is on my neck and I walked into kinokuniya and shoot .. Nobody cares..

Don't forget there is a bookfair on at Suntec.

I don't think there is any restriction on photo taking since it is a fair.

Fair will end this weekend. Make full use of this opportunity.

All the best to you.

Nothing venture nothing gain.

Just be discreet and stay low while snapping, think hardly anyone will stop u :)

Just go to the kopitiam at Suntec Convention Hall Level 1, the pillars are literally "bookshelves". :D

obviously if you are going to set up light stands etc then that will be a no no.

if it's just something with a camera, no harm trying your luck.

wear a trenchcoat (you can borrow sion's) and hide your dslr underneath it. when no one's looking take a couple of shot.

wear a trenchcoat (you can borrow sion's) and hide your dslr underneath it. when no one's looking take a couple of shot.

You PERVERT! Stop flashing :angry:

Use compact camera. More discreet.

Well I have ideas for a photo set with somewhere full of books, and Kinokuniya comes to mind as the perfect place. Unfortunately I don't think they allow camera inside there (later will go and check again).

So is there any other place that I can have this photo set done? Any recommendation will be highly appreciated.

Thank you.

It's good manner to ask for permission to shoot. State your intent and if you do not get in the way of others, it would always be OK.
Retailers are concerned about competitors copying store layout design, etc. It's common courtesy not to shoot in exhibitions.:nono:

Erm, one of my acquaintances had her pre-wedding shoot in a bookstore, which I think was Borders. Maybe can ask for permission there.

Photographer... When they have sign and rules that prohibit photography in their stores, we try all sort of means to try and get a shot. ha

You can't bring in camera or photographic equipment into the library's reference section. That's my experience.

You can't bring in camera or photographic equipment into the library's reference section. That's my experience.

Huh?But i thought most people will bring HP which has a camera?

Haha, sorry was away last week, and thank you for all the responses. Anyway I tried to ask staff in Kino, official taking pictures is a no no, so I guess setup is impossible. I guess the only way to finish my ideas there is to lay low and shot hmm. Will try it if I got no other option.

I need a place with give out the vibe of "lost in translation", kind of dark and sad. Anyone know a bookstore like that? I run around Bras Basah but it's hopeless.