Taking photo in hotel lobby

Status
Not open for further replies.

redwine

Jan 20, 2008
Hi,

Any experience phtg can advise if its ok to take pictures in a hotel lobby esp if you are one of the staying guest of the hotel.
I believe most hotel allow using tourist type PnS camera,
how about using Dslr, speedlite, tripod etc ?

Appreciate sharing your experience here.

Thanks

check with the concierge.

personally, they usually wont bother since the lobby is pretty much a common area unless your setup is causing a problem.

Mostly fine, esp if its 1:1 with exception to some picky ones like Scarlett Hotel, Pan Pacific, etc. If I shoot in lobbys I'll just act all touristy for the heck of it, both hands parallel to the shutter, etc :bsmilie: Just don't bring your lightstands, umbrellas, softboxes etc

I do see shoots being organized in hotel public places,
Any shoot organizer can advise what's the std practice ?

Thanks

Mostly fine, esp if its 1:1 with exception to some picky ones like Scarlett Hotel, Pan Pacific, etc. If I shoot in lobbys I'll just act all touristy for the heck of it, both hands parallel to the shutter, etc :bsmilie: Just don't bring your lightstands, umbrellas, softboxes etc

LOL, i think very tough to fool when one is holding a dslr.

my intented setup is dslr + wireless speedlite with lambency on a tripod.
plus the model of course :bsmilie:

not sure this is considered as too "flashy".

Honestly, you'd need to get permission from the hotels MGT to shoot a model, indicate which agency you're from, reason etc in case anything goes wrong, so they can bust you. Last I did with lightstands, etc I paid 600bucks for that permission. Of course, you can always pass the model off as your gf and just shoot.

Status
Not open for further replies.