Taking night shots

Status
Not open for further replies.

illustrious

Dec 3, 2003
SK
claudia.sg
I've been trying to capture pictures in the night. The night shot mode isn't for me. I can't keep my hands steal and tripod may not be available all the time.

I tried using different settings, but the shots just don't come out right.

When flash is used, the photos turned black. If no flash is used, photos turn out yellowish and orange.

How can I correct this?

what you see as terrible color may be very subjective.
You may like to post your picture so that we can understand the issue you face.

illustrious said:
I've been trying to capture pictures in the night. The night shot mode isn't for me. I can't keep my hands steal and tripod may not be available all the time.

I tried using different settings, but the shots just don't come out right.

When flash is used, the photos turned black. If no flash is used, photos turn out yellowish and orange.

How can I correct this?

Maybe u wanna tell us the model of your camera? Users with same/simialr model can help u better.

You really need a tripod for night shot as the shutter speed will be too long to be able to held steadily. Alternatively use a dustbin or bench if no tripod at that time.

I'm using olympus c750.

some examples... these are slightly adjusted w/ photoshop.

2004_01_31-chingay-car02.jpg

2004_01_31-chingay-bigflag.jpg

More in my portfolio

Is it possible to take night photos with the portrait mode?

All the above photos taken in portrait mode, using ISO400 w/o flash.

In chingay, they were using combinations of tungsten & sodium lights. So u may like to shoot raw & go home adjust. Try setting custom WB. Or set to tungsten would be better, but not the best.

is it that the higher the ISO, the noiser the photo?

:dunno: What's the recommended setting, for those using C-750, for taking night photos w/o tripod nor steady hands?

Status
Not open for further replies.