Taking Motion Blur Shots

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lone Ranger

Jun 22, 2005
Hi, I'm fairly new to digital photography. I understand that to take motion blur shots, the shutter speed must be set fairly slow so that the blurring effect can be captured. I realised that to take motion blur shots at night is fairly easy, as the shutter speed can be set quite low without having the picture appearing bright/whitewashed. However, I have difficulty taking motion blur shots in the day, since when I set the shutter speed slow, too much light enters the lenses and the picture appears too bright/white. However, when I set it slightly faster, the motion blur effect is not achieved. How then, may I ask, is it possible to get the motion blur effect in daylight? :dunno:

p.s. I'm using a Canon PowerShot A700, btw...

ND filter will help reduce the amount of light coming through.. but not sure how u can fit it to your cam.. maybe the tien ya one..

use the lowest ISO, smallest aperture, if still cannot make it den attach and ND or CPL filter (if ur camera can't attach den hold it)

jdredd said:
ND filter will help reduce the amount of light coming through.. but not sure how u can fit it to your cam.. maybe the tien ya one..
can set your apreture to sthe smallest and set the iso as low as possible. if that still don't have you can get those nd filter screw in type or slot in.. you can achive as many as 4 stop or more with that. but should use tripod if not you get blur pic rather then just motion blur.. ;) hope it help..

Shoot from inside a car with dark sunscreen glass window :dunno: .

Regards,
Arto.

if & when the above mentioned still doesnt work for you, you may wanna try it in PS under filter>blur>motion blur

hth

Panning shots?
Not so good example here.

Status
Not open for further replies.