Apeture : F4.5
Focal Length : 19mm
ISO : 400

Tasik_Pedu_0025.jpg

Shutter :1/60
Apeture : F8
Focal Length : 19mm
ISO : 100

Just realised when posting that for #1,ISO may be set too high, but how to bring out the greens and blues of landscape. Does a Polarize Filter achieve that?

U can start by
i)ISO 100
ii) Use F11 to F16 (should be at its sharpest at F16) which also increase DOF
iii) use a gradual density filter to reduce the glare of the sky and hill tops
iv) use Photoshop to increase the blue and green colour....

also u may want to zoom in a little or walk forward or crop the bottom part (i.e where u are standing) as its not interesting. So that the bottom of photo starts at water level.

http://www.schneideroptics.com/filters/filters_for_still_photography/handbook/

this should help...from a helpful jame_m.

just my 2 cents.... ;)

I think you should use smaller F-stop to get more sharpness, but maybe at f/8 will be enough, since you will be focusing to infinity where everything is in focus. About f/11 there might be diffusion.

You should use a tripod for landscape. You are using a Digital Camera, it's Latitude is not enough, thus, get a Gradual Netural Density filter to reduce the glare from the sky. (come to think of it film users too :D).

Your pictures are too blue, you should remove some blue to bring out the green. Adding blue colour will make your picture looks even more un-natural.

I think you might have over exposed your photograph way too much too. Bring down your exposure. Use ISO 100 if possible since it is outdoor and landscape.

For the composition part, to each of his own, there is no one standard format, although there is 1/3 rule, but sometime breaking it is no harm :D

just my 2 cts :

Tasik_Pedu_0001.jpg

Tasik_Pedu_0025.jpg

the photo looks soft.....ard f8-16 will be better and more pleasing./.

a polarsizer will improve your shots most of the time. if not, at least, it improves saturation. no loss using it.

I try not to take landscapes from around 10am - 4pm. The harsh sun generally results in too high a contrast for my liking. For your pics, a graduated neutral density filter might save your blown out sky while a polariser would help saturate your greens. Generally it's too much trouble to get decent pics in harsh sun though, so I would normally venture out early in the morning.

13388Tasik_Pedu_0001.jpg

13388Tasik_Pedu_0025.jpg

Hi,
It is hard to translate what our vision see & heart feel into a small scene(viewfinder) that's restricted within the 4 walls. Selective seeing will certainly helps when you want a tree & not a forest...and vice versa.

I will still carry on photographing the scene, in fact any scene, whether i'm in good or bad light. Different lights convey different moods. Warm, moody...etc

Always look at familiar things from an unfamiliar angle. It is good to be focused, while you're at it...do not let it take away your attention for other good stuffs, perhaps better ones...slip away.

Most would see mountains & valleys in your images that has a detailess sky, but look carefully, does detailess also means clean, uncluttered backdrop? Look again & you will see nice graphic lines that cuts across the frame...are we too into perfection? to achieve templated-like results?

Are we chunning out similiar images even though the our subjects are taken at different venue but subject matter, is the same. Does the Bukit Timah images any different from Himalayas? most of the time, most of the images that I've seen, is "No". Then...it failed. It failed to bring back the essence of that place.

It won't be easy to be original but then again, if an image created by you is created 'new' to you by your 'new' vision, then you've succeed it created that image that truly belongs to you.

Francis Lee said:
13388Tasik_Pedu_0001.jpg

13388Tasik_Pedu_0025.jpg

Hi,
It is hard to translate what our vision see & heart feel into a small scene(viewfinder) that's restricted within the 4 walls. Selective seeing will certainly helps when you want a tree & not a forest...and vice versa.

I will still carry on photographing the scene, in fact any scene, whether i'm in good or bad light. Different lights convey different moods. Warm, moody...etc

Always look at familiar things from an unfamiliar angle. It is good to be focused, while you're at it...do not let it take away your attention for other good stuffs, perhaps better ones...slip away.

Most would see mountains & valleys in your images that has a detailess sky, but look carefully, does detailess also means clean, uncluttered backdrop? Look again & you will see nice graphic lines that cuts across the frame...are we too into perfection? to achieve templated-like results?

Are we chunning out similiar images even though the our subjects are taken at different venue but subject matter, is the same. Does the Bukit Timah images any different from Himalayas? most of the time, most of the images that I've seen, is "No". Then...it failed. It failed to bring back the essence of that place.

It won't be easy to be original but then again, if an image created by you is created 'new' to you by your 'new' vision, then you've succeed it created that image that truly belongs to you.

yes! always achieve to create your own vision :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.