Taking careof the lens

UnicornSG

Apr 7, 2010
Hi everyone,

I just joined the dark side and bought a k-x with 18-55 and 55-300mm. :devil:
haha.

As I am new to dslr, I am wondering how do you people using take care and clean ur lens ? I have checked out some of the treads in the beginner section and saw many people recommending the use of lenpens. Um, are they really effective and useful ?

Thanks in advance! Hope to learn many more things about photography from you guys ! :)

Cheers,
UnicornSG
Pentaxian Rocks

Oh no, please pardon my typo in the thread title :confused:

standard is to get a above average grade filter for the lens from day one. cheaper to replace filter rather then lens.

for about $20 range, Marumi is probably as good a filter as it gets.

I just wipe using a microfiber cloth can already.

Best way to take care of the lens is not to touch it... :bsmilie:

unless its absolutely necessary... some have recommended isopropyl alcohol...

a few dust on the surface just use a blower... else just leave it alone... it wont affect the pics unlike dust spots on sensor...

Hi,

Yup, I already have a multi-coated filter on from day 1.
Just wonder how to clean the filter if water droplets land on it or if someone accidently touch it.
Um, does those spectacles clothes works similarly to the microfibre ?

Hi,

Just wonder how to clean the filter if water droplets land on it or if someone accidently touch it.
thats what i do.

Hi everyone,

haha.

As I am new to dslr, I am wondering how do you people using take care and clean ur lens ? I have checked out some of the treads in the beginner section and saw many people recommending the use of lenpens. Um, are they really effective and useful ?

Thanks in advance! Hope to learn many more things about photography from you guys ! :)

Cheers,
UnicornSG
Pentaxian Rocks

:bigeyes:
Since when we become 'Dark side'?
:)

Hi,

Since you have a filter on, just use the spectacles cloth or micofibre you have to wipe it off. good enough.

:bigeyes:
Since when we become 'Dark side'?
:)

at the rate we are going with the k-x kit, we will be mainstream in no time. cant remain in darkness any longer. :sweatsm:

at the rate we are going with the k-x kit, we will be mainstream in no time. cant remain in darkness any longer. :sweatsm:

K-x so many colors....with all the bright colours...so bright side lor...:bsmilie:

Hi everyone,

haha.

Cheers,
UnicornSG
Pentaxian Rocks

1) Blower and brush (optional) to remove visible dust particles. Usually don't even have to bother abt these since they don't affect the photo, but if there's a big smudge you MUST do this before any physical contact with a cloth/lenspen

2) Lenspen in very rare cases of an oily smudge. The charcoal cleans up oils well but there have been reports of people scratching the lens with a dirt particle embedded in the lenspen, so use sparingly

3) Breathe on lens and wipe with a clean microfibre lens cloth. Should do the trick most of the time. B+W filter coatings clean easier than Hoya filter coatings, which usually leave some streaking.

As far as possible possible, minimize lens cleaning. Initially I was obsessed with removing every dust speck from the glass, but after a while I just put on a filter and pay minimal attention to it.

Just take meticulious care, I led lights to check the effectiveness of the cleaned filter.

Pentax has thee most colourfull colors .. the dark side belongs to te FF ....sector unless it's about to become one.

K-x so many colors....with all the bright colours...so bright side lor...:bsmilie:

:thumbsup: Welcome to the Bright Side! :D

:thumbsup: Welcome to the Bright Side! :D

This sounds much better...all the talk about the dark side. Feels like we were joining a triad :bsmilie:

Haha, thanks everyone for the information on lens cleaning.

Just another question about lens, saw in the buy and sell section that for pentax section, there are some M42 lens.

Can someone kindly enlighten me if these lens can be used on the k-x ? Thanks ! :)

Haha, thanks everyone for the information on lens cleaning.

Just another question about lens, saw in the buy and sell section that for pentax section, there are some M42 lens.

Can someone kindly enlighten me if these lens can be used on the k-x ? Thanks ! :)

Using an adapter for M42 to PK