Status
Not open for further replies.

noob117

Oct 16, 2006
west
hey yo CSers
nd some help.
i wana take candids of ppl.
so do i juz take a pix of them n walk away? even if they noticed i hav juz taken them?
wad if they stop me? or if i am in a foriegn country wif language barrel?:dunno:
:think: thx

Interesting question.
For me,i also a student come to Singapore to study and don't know Chinese and my favorite is street photography (althought i'm not good at it)
You just take their photo and walk away. If they notice, give them your brightest smile. If they approach you,show them the photo and tell them u that u won't use the photo against their right like post one some *** forum :bsmilie: And please delete the photo if they ask u to do so,don't argue,respect them since it is their right to ask u to do that.

But don't be sneaky as well,just hold ur cam in ur hand,wrap the strap around ur wrist and walk around. When take photo,be quick,don't aim the cam at people too long,they will notice and feel uneasy.

Street photography for some is all about getting close and use wide lens, but be sure u don't invade their private zone which mean make them feel uncomfortable. Tele zoom also, if they notice,u look like doing some supicious things.

Just be normal --> u will look normal. Their is nothing wrong when taking people photo,be sure to smile. And if u can see on the subject face the uncomfortable,please change subject or wait for her (him) to stop paying attention to you :sweat:

Those are just my humble ideas.

hey yo CSers
nd some help.
i wana take candids of ppl.
so do i juz take a pix of them n walk away? even if they noticed i hav juz taken them?
wad if they stop me? or if i am in a foriegn country wif language barrel?:dunno:
:think: thx

Just make sure u dress like a tourist when u do so :bsmilie:
Asian are more conservative and do not like that pics to be taken without their consent.
But they tend to be more forgiving to tourist. IMHO

Just make sure u dress like a tourist when u do so :bsmilie:
Asian are more conservative and do not like that pics to be taken without their consent.
But they tend to be more forgiving to tourist. IMHO

Very true...

I normally wear bermudas and t shirts... and when I add on a jungle hat, it makes me look japanese sometimes... :bsmilie:

Good way to walk around and shoot...

thx thx alot...for all the replys
so if i take any pix of ppl i cannot post online even at CS?

"Sling the camera around your neck. I show people I'm a photographer. I might shoot them, if they don't like their picture to be taken, better get out of my way. Do not hide your camera"

:thumbsup:

do visit my 'how to shoot banquet' thread.about page 20.
i stealsnap some jap babes.not wellshot though.but i can share my experience.:D

do visit my 'how to shoot banquet' thread.about page 20.
i stealsnap some jap babes.not wellshot though.but i can share my experience.:D

I do believe they are more open to photography than Singaporeans....

definitely.i can attest to that.

I found Chinese in gerneral, is the most hostile when being photographed on the street, and Singaporean tops the group.

200% supported, unless you are carring a veri big and pro lookin cam in sg, sg ppl would be veri buay song when u take them. my friend kana once, he decided to walk fast fast away to avoid :hammer:

whereas in japan where he once stayed for a while, ppl are willing to smile to candid shots(err is this still counted candid?) when they spotted him

i guess is becos of having pan-dang mind set and black magic etc here...

I found Chinese in gerneral, is the most hostile when being photographed on the street, and Singaporean tops the group.

chinese? meaning china ppl? well on my last trip there, i took a little baby with my fx8 and the mother/grandmother was rather happy to see the rude me taking the pix.

sg's smile campaign is not working well and china is still following :sweat:

200% supported, unless you are carring a veri big and pro lookin cam in sg, sg ppl would be veri buay song when u take them. my friend kana once, he decided to walk fast fast away to avoid :hammer:

whereas in japan where he once stayed for a while, ppl are willing to smile to candid shots(err is this still counted candid?) when they spotted him

i guess is becos of having pan-dang mind set and black magic etc here...

A lot of ppl are already carrying DSLRs... not pro-looking enuff meh? But even then, most ppl are scared of photogs taking snapshots of them and they will almost run away when they see you with a BIG camera

that's why, carry a long lens.shoot from far.
else, hang the cam below your chest, point upwards when u walk near them and fire away.
shoot at max reso.

then u can go home edit edit and edit.
i shot so many hunks that way.
but hor...the d200 too loud ah!i think some of them know i shoot them ah.:bsmilie:

else, hang the cam below your chest, point upwards when u walk near them and fire away.
shoot at max reso.

but hor...the d200 too loud ah!i think some of them know i shoot them ah.:bsmilie:

I know.. even the cats jump in fright when I depress the shutter.. hahaha :bsmilie:

shoot at max reso.

aiyo..haha...gal shoot guys no problem one...

when guy shoot the gal...haha...sound like trouble...

:'( no telephoto
memory 2GB enough for 4day tour?

wad bout 2gb + powershot A80
wif 128mb + 1more 128mb card?

some pix i took today. quite alot of handshake.
using a new cam dunno how to set stuff leh...
C&C pls frends complaining when i kept taking pix of them... wonder wad would
public do...:D

dsc00171smallwl2.jpg

dsc00064smallbn3.jpg

looks like he is in pain but he was laughing his head off...

dsc00175smalliv4.jpg

dsc00177smalldk2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.