taking candid and moments shot..

Status
Not open for further replies.

alvinkm

Dec 4, 2008
wads a good setting to prevent underexpose and blur image?....if its low lightings?...the only solution is use flash?

wads a good setting to prevent underexpose and blur image?....if its low lightings?...the only solution is use flash?

Use a large aperture lens and shooting with high ISO.

F1.2 / 1.4 /1.8 / 2.8 are able to do the trick.
Trade off shallow DOF

guess if its really low lighting, a large aperture wont help either especially when u wanna capture candid moments.. object(human in this case) wont be still for u to take at least.

Full auto and flash. most of the time it works.

the answer would be, read your meter to prevent underexposure, and sturdy hands or a tripod to prevent blur images, however if ure talking abt motion blurs, then increase ur ISO and open up ur apperture.

Just a thought... flash may not be recommended for candid shots... :think:

Candid is the moment prior to the flash usage.
Once the moment is capture... Dont really need to bother if the world's attention is on you. Use sparingly though. :)

Candid is the moment prior to the flash usage.
Once the moment is capture... Dont really need to bother if the world's attention is on you. Use sparingly though. :)

I know... but don't forget...to turn off your AF-assist... else you would have a lot of short flash to your subject.... :bsmilie:

the answer would be, read your meter to prevent underexposure, and sturdy hands or a tripod to prevent blur images, however if ure talking abt motion blurs, then increase ur ISO and open up ur apperture.

wad do u mean by read meter?...i look from live view and judge from eyes...sometimes histogram to prevent from under expose...

i use iso 200-400 EV+1 to EV+2 and slower Shutter speed to 1/40 - 1/60...coz the whole room is not very well lit and for ur info i use slr-like, not dslr...pushing high iso to 1600 or more will have noise :(...didnt intend to use flash as its no long candid

wad do u mean by read meter?...i look from live view and judge from eyes...sometimes histogram to prevent from under expose...

i use iso 200-400 EV+1 to EV+2 and slower Shutter speed to 1/40 - 1/60...coz the whole room is not very well lit and for ur info i use slr-like, not dslr...pushing high iso to 1600 or more will have noise :(...didnt intend to use flash as its no long candid

I do quite abit of low light photography, on my D80 the iso never goes above 640,
im not sure what body ure using, and if urs has a meter or not, but the meter is a gauge which tells u light entering ur cam, and to adjust ur settings accordingly to ur preference, either shutter or aperture, or even ISO...

prevent underexpose and blur image?....if its low lightings?...the only solution is use flash?

From my recent (first serious) attempt at shooting the pre-CNY activities at China Town, usually ISO 1600 or 3200 if really no choice. f/2.8 or faster lenses, but I also did quite a few with a 3.5 lense most at ISO 1600. No flash. Worked great but there were times I wished I could go to ISO 6400.

Status
Not open for further replies.