taking bluring motion pic.


Status
Not open for further replies.

Suchos

New Member
Jan 11, 2004
78
0
0
33
#1
i wanna take a photo as above using black and white flim. but the prob is i wanna take at nite time later at a bridge. how do i make it clear?? btw using a eos 500n. i taking wif a tripod too. how do i know how much aperture shld i use??? paiseh newbie here.. very curious too.hahaa...
 

Suchos

New Member
Jan 11, 2004
78
0
0
33
#3
a pic where by the car is moving den can see the lines if tail lights. as if the car is moving very fast, a blur pic actually. :) taking later on. btw i no need flash right??
 

steely

New Member
Feb 5, 2004
124
0
0
East of SG
#4
wouldn't the impact of the "light trails" be diminished a lot in B n W?
 

Suchos

New Member
Jan 11, 2004
78
0
0
33
#5
steely said:
wouldn't the impact of the "light trails" be diminished a lot in B n W?
i think so too. but bo bian i onli can use black and white. :D
 

#6
okie.... so you just want the head/tail light trail right??

mount your camera on the tripod, compose the picture. use low/med ISO - 100 or 200
you can set manual mode and the following for testers:

f5.6, 0.3 secs (look for the camera metering to see whether it's over or under exposed)
f8.0, 2 secs

have fun experiementing!
 

Suchos

New Member
Jan 11, 2004
78
0
0
33
#7
SniperD said:
okie.... so you just want the head/tail light trail right??

mount your camera on the tripod, compose the picture. use low/med ISO - 100 or 200
you can set manual mode and the following for testers:

f5.6, 0.3 secs (look for the camera metering to see whether it's over or under exposed)
f8.0, 2 secs

have fun experiementing!
y use f8?? izzit effect is clearer?? the metering as long as it stops at 0 can liao right??
 

showtime

New Member
May 2, 2003
984
0
0
39
Singapore
Visit site
#8
Suchos said:
y use f8?? izzit effect is clearer?? the metering as long as it stops at 0 can liao right??
read his post carefully

at f8, the shutter is 2sec
at f5.6, the shutter is 0.3sec

the difference is that at f9, you get longer car light trails as the film will be exposed for 2 seconds, allowing the cars to travel further and thus produce longer trails...

nothing about sharpness here.
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom