Taking baby pics with FZ5 and external flash

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got a baby coming in less than 3 weeks time...

Any more tips to share, anyone??

this thread becomes more father with new born and baby to come.
my baby due in December.......

thanks all for sharing ur experience....... appreciated

God bless

lol all here seem like married n going to be a dad or already a dad.

cheer for u allz

If your baby is older, like 6 mths and above, you can try wide angle portrait, i.e. to place your cam very close to the face. This not a conventional portrait but gives a wide angle kind of distorted effect and can emphasis the naughty expression very well. :)

Provided he doesn't move, ha!

Martin said:
If your baby is older, like 6 mths and above, you can try wide angle portrait, i.e. to place your cam very close to the face. This not a conventional portrait but gives a wide angle kind of distorted effect and can emphasis the naughty expression very well. :)

huggable said:
Provided he doesn't move, ha!

can use autobracket or auto shuttle mah...............kekekekeke

There is no focus problem even at 15cm close to the face, and he moves a lot. I use 3 zone auto focus and simply snap non stop. Focus is almost 100% good in this setup, since i am using the widest end of the lens.

Managed to get some closeup facial pics using a WCON-08 of my 2-mth baby. Looks cute, but kena scolding from wife! :embrass: :sweatsm:

Thinking of black & white high speed film to shoot baby...

Guess C41 type by Illford will do...

Any advise for this anyone?

I've got 2 weeks to go before baby is due....

Another way... put baby near the window for natural light!

My near 3-mth old baby managed to sit up, with support of course. Managed to get a few shots:
P1110341.JPG

P1110343.JPG

Pictures were taken shortly after my wife trimmed his hair. Directly off the FZ-5, size reduced only. Only a slight problem with the shadow in the 2nd shot.

huggable said:
Another way... put baby near the window for natural light!

My near 3-mth old baby managed to sit up, with support of course. Managed to get a few shots:

[picture]

[picture]

Pictures were taken shortly after my wife trimmed his hair. Directly off the FZ-5, size reduced only. Only a slight problem with the shadow in the 2nd shot.

So cute! He has a high forehead too--> smart baby! :sweatsm: (that's what my parents and relatives like to say) haha.. ;)

rosy cheeks
so cute!!!

Thanks for the comments!

Eunique: High forehead = smart?? :dunno: I hope so!
Fuse: The "rosy cheeks" are actually milk rash, he likes to put his finger into his mouth, then go all over his face. We had to cut his nails often to prevent him from scratching himself!

huggable,

what ISO setting did you use? looks like ISO100 coz it looks clean... btw, nice cute pics...:)

natosan,

ISO 200, 1/25, f2.8. Handheld. Pictures were directly off the camera, no post processing except resize. And of course, no flash! :bsmilie:

huggable said:
natosan,

ISO 200, 1/25, f2.8. Handheld. Pictures were directly off the camera, no post processing except resize. And of course, no flash! :bsmilie:

Try to use external flash with Omni Bounce , it should look better.

Thanks, FZ5 does not have hotshoe for ext flash, hence have to use slave flash. Will play around with the settings, and... take more pictures! ;p

Status
Not open for further replies.