Taking a closer look inside Livia Condominium

Fudgecakes

Oct 1, 2011
Planet Earth
Hi all, as you may have guessed from the title, the photos on this thread will be photos taken inside livia condominium, along Pasir Ris grove. I am starting this thread with the intention of showing what tiny details that exist within livia yet many people will not notice them.

I will try to showcase its hidden beauties as well as little curiousities as i find them. This will also be sort of like a photo-a-day project but i will only update it every few days. without further ado, here are the first pictures.

do show me some support ya? =)

Some Flowers and a weird plant thingy....
6)

7)

8)

9)

10)

looks like a... erm....y'know....

Last edited:
11)

Some Fungus under the leaf

12)

Le White Flower

13)

No One Home?

14)

Standing Guard

15)
Cool Shade from Hot Weather

Last edited:
And now some OTHER residents of Livia =)

16)

A Slow Resident:bsmilie:

17)

Looks just like one of those star wars AT-ST walkers doesn't it?

18)

A cross between a bee and dragonfly? :think:

ok that's all for today. Do give comments or critque to spur me on! ^^

All shot on a Nikon D7000 with Micro-Nikkor DX 85mm VR and Nikkor AF-D 50mm F1.4

Hi all. Today i did some High ISO night shots and some HDR shots using my Tokina 11-16 f2.8 and 50mm f1.4 :p

19)

Gym, kids pool and water gym

20)

Le Kidz Swimming Pool

21)

Light the Way

22)

First HDR

23)

Second HDR of Playground

All pictures were PP-ed to correct CAs that plague the 50mm at f1.4 and to correct colour balance.
Do give comments on my photos too. I wanna be able to know the flaws of my skills :p

Hi all. I will be taking a break from this series as my O levels are nearing fast. Do continue to give me some support and guidance ya?

Hi Kai Feng,

Where there are people or pets try to get to where the action is. Join them, for the dog bring some treats, ask the owner first of course as many dogs are allergic to one kind of food or the other. Macro I won't comment cos I'm not really into macro photography. Spend less time correcting the image and more time getting closer to the action. Of the shots you've posted so far the only one that could have been interesting is the bamboo shoots - but there is no subject matter - it's empty. Imagine if the dog was sitting in the middle and if that shot was in B&W low contrast with a bit of flare. Right now the eye catches the empty spot in the middle begging for a subject. You're 15 going on 16, I suggest you approach people in the playground and talk to them get them comfortable then start shooting.

Good luck with your exams.

magicdragon said:
Hi Kai Feng,

Where there are people or pets try to get to where the action is. Join them, for the dog bring some treats, ask the owner first of course as many dogs are allergic to one kind of food or the other. Macro I won't comment cos I'm not really into macro photography. Spend less time correcting the image and more time getting closer to the action. Of the shots you've posted so far the only one that could have been interesting is the bamboo shoots - but there is no subject matter - it's empty. Imagine if the dog was sitting in the middle and if that shot was in B&W low contrast with a bit of flare. Right now the eye catches the empty spot in the middle begging for a subject. You're 15 going on 16, I suggest you approach people in the playground and talk to them get them comfortable then start shooting.

Good luck with your exams.

Thanks alot for Your advice. I'll take that into consideration during my next shoot.

Hi all. decided to take one shot for today =)

24)

I overlaid two exposures of the moon tonight and erased part of the top layer to get this