Taken at Jan 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ben1223

Feb 16, 2004
Bedok, Singapore
www.flickr.com
Just sharing latest pics of my kids.
It's funny. When I take pics of my kids I derive the most satisfaction when using analogue cameras. These were taken with an Olympus XA.

Ben
Bianca_01_net.jpg

John
John_01_net.jpg

rangefinder!!!!! yay! :thumbsup: for fellow rangefinder user.... ;)

like the feel of the pics although i think framing could be better.... :)

bja said:

what's a range finder?? :dunno: is it the cause of the slight vignetting?? i thot it was the result of ps lighting effect... :dunno:

a rangefinder is a different type of camera... :)

do a goggle search and you'll find lots of info..

littledigitalartist said:
what's a range finder?? :dunno: is it the cause of the slight vignetting?? i thot it was the result of ps lighting effect... :dunno:

No PS effects added. A little USM to compensate for the loss of quality from scanning and slight levels adjustment.
I think the slight vignet is due to the lens. I don't mind though, it adds to the charm. You should see the prints. In hindsight I shouldn't have touched the levels so you can see the original results.

Here's a site with info about the cam used. http://www.diaxa.com/xa/xastart.htm

bja said:

Framing for portraits with a wide angle can be tricky. Should I have adhered to the rule of thirds or place them in the middle?

Ben1223 said:
Framing for portraits with a wide angle can be tricky. Should I have adhered to the rule of thirds or place them in the middle?

hhmmm yea i guess sometimes it can be rather tricky.... but cant go closer? unless that's ur min focusing distance already.... what I'd do is try both and see which one works better ;p

Ben1223 said:
Yeah he's grown and added weight. So have you added more lenses to your arsenal?
added a bit like 16mm FE and 80-200mm :embrass: , so broke now.

nice!! i like their expressions and mood captured. .. alittle something different~

and i missed my xa2 :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.