Take pics on Benjamin Sheares Bridge - walk?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nova19

Dec 14, 2003
Singapore
I would like to take pictures on the Benjamin Sheares Bridge...probably taking the opposite coastline of the CBD district.

I would be prob walking there to a particular good spot for photo taking. Does anyone know any shortcut to reach the particular area of the bridge (that faces the CBD district)??

Thanks!

Not that I know of, either times I went up was by walking from one end to the other, the other 2 CSers that hiked up with me did wish that a lift was built at the appropriate place... heehee.

get a frd driving to drop u there ?
or negotiate with a cab to do the same lor..

I went up from Marina side, somewhere near the Ritz Carlton hotel (there is a construction site there). Walk toward the construction, follow pedestrain way and up a small flight of stairs. You are at the bridge...walk further up where you can see CBD..takes about 10 mins.

total time from Marina Square to bridge is around 15-20mins..depends on how fast you walk lah..I crawl...

This is the only way I know. hee hee..
Got shortcut must tell me. :bsmilie:

You can visit my deviant site to take a look at one of the shot I took from the bridge, so that you can tell how the view is.

It is pretty shaky at the bridge, although some parts of the bridge is quite stable. You will need to find the spot, otherwise, all your pics will have the "soft" look.

kex said:
get a frd driving to drop u there ?
or negotiate with a cab to do the same lor..

Wah, its pretty risky to stop a car at the bridge :what: , think most cabby won't do that. Unless you were saying stopping at the Temasek Ave. :bsmilie:

Alternatively, if you drive, can also go to Marina Way(Marina South), walk on the pavement along the coastline, go under the bridge and at the left will be the stairs. Roughly 300-400m from Marina Way. I believe if its more convenient from Temasek Ave, just follow what Lemonlogix had said.

alternatively, you can write in to STB to build a lift from the river up to the bridge. We were thinking about it as mentioned by ESPN. I am sure many tourists and CSers would be happy.... :bsmilie:

Another way to the bridge, safe and hassle free if u drive. But has a great view as you walk towards it. I would prefer the route as many mentioned from marina south. ;)

Actually the grass patch has a great view of CBD or walk towards the edge of the riveralong the railing, don't really need to go up the bridge mah ;)

Come, let's go up again, friday evening, who's game? :)

espn said:
Come, let's go up again, friday evening, who's game? :)

See how..depends on my mood lah. What time will you be there espn?

actually friday..not so good leh

My encounter on Friday night is that most people will leave office around 6+ or 7pm. It's Friday...party time.
If we reach there later, most of the lights are out.

walking is boring actually =)

lemonlogix said:
See how..depends on my mood lah. What time will you be there espn?

actually friday..not so good leh

My encounter on Friday night is that most people will leave office around 6+ or 7pm. It's Friday...party time.
If we reach there later, most of the lights are out.

Best time to shoot is month end. Many bank offices will work OT, so more lights.

The shortest way up is from the construction site near Ritz, round the corner of suntec.

Status
Not open for further replies.