Take out battery grip from the camera when not in use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wahgongzai

Dec 13, 2006
hi, I am new to ClubSNAP. After consideration, I think is good to seek second opinion from the seniors (in photography) about battery grip (vertical grip or battery pack) attached to your DSLRs.

Normally when not in use (say for about 2-3 weeks), do you take out the grip from the body. I know Lithum battery must take out when not in use. But nobody mention about grip attach to the camera???

thanks! :)

Never since day one.

hi, I am new to ClubSNAP. After consideration, I think is good to seek second opinion from the seniors (in photography) about battery grip (vertical grip or battery pack) attached to your DSLRs.

Normally when not in use (say for about 2-3 weeks), do you take out the grip from the body. I know Lithum battery must take out when not in use. But nobody mention about grip attach to the camera???

thanks! :)

I only take my grip off my 350D once when i wanted to travel light. The rest of the time its on the camera but i do take out the battery cartridge from the grip.

Thanks to dzignous, DeSwitch and etegration for the quick reply.

This is the answer I am hoping for :) , at first afraid that the contact pin from the grip may corrode if not taken out... Now I can relax and store the camera with grip together in the dry box, me day 1 :)

Thanks to dzignous, DeSwitch and etegration for the quick reply.

This is the answer I am hoping for :) , at first afraid that the contact pin from the grip may corrode if not taken out... Now I can relax and store the camera with grip together in the dry box, me day 1 :)
The dry cab environment make corrosion process slower. It doesn't matter if you put the grip on camera or you dismantle it. Do care not to touch the contact pin as it might cause corrosion.

Regards,
Arto.

Status
Not open for further replies.