Take Away During Buffet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RuthBaby

LOLZ!
i went for a buffet last week and i saw a family bringing lunch boxes there to TAR PAU discreetly...

Have you guys tried?

Not tt i wanna try.. but i jus wan to know who are those daring wans... :confused:

mannnn, i wonder how many generations it's gonna take to make Singapore a more gracious & civil society. :(

wah...thats horrigible...

and these could be the same people who doesn't think of driving 100k cars and going on long overseas trips?

RuthBaby said:
LOLZ!
i went for a buffet last week and i saw a family bringing lunch boxes there to TAR PAU discreetly...

Have you guys tried?

Not tt i wanna try.. but i jus wan to know who are those daring wans... :confused:

haha.. i seen this before.. even at company functions and annual dinners, theres pple who ask for packings to take away... hahaha.... and they want to take and they feel paiseh also... haha.. if u see their faces.. hahah..its like them committing a sinful crime... cute la.. hahahaha...

not surprised at all... wad can i say ? iTs a SiNgaPorEan cUltUre ! hhaha :bsmilie:

RuthBaby said:
LOLZ!

Have you guys tried?

ah? daring? nah! just simply pathetic! :thumbsd:

ask the organiser!
organiser dont mind then u take la
organiser mind then dont take la
whats so difficult about it? hehe

zorro18 said:
mannnn, i wonder how many generations it's gonna take to make Singapore a more gracious & civil society. :(

Singapore a more gracious & civil society - we have our own ways........of being one.... :bsmilie: its has always been there...

rgds,
sulhan

sulhan said:
Singapore a more gracious & civil society - we have our own ways........of being one.... :bsmilie: its has always been there...

rgds,
sulhan

i heard from a frd who is working in fullerton....

they actually throw away those chocolates after their chocolate buffets ;)
so waste sia.. i dun mind bringing them back

No for buffet but it is ok for company function. When we have company functions, our officers also pack back some of the foods. We also leave some to the workers that are staying back to clean up the places.

Cheers
John

It depends lah.

Some Captains not so neow one, more welfare, will allow their staff to eat the rest. But no da bao.

Got some Captain see beh neow one. Would rather throw away food den to give the food to staff.

If it's a private function or dinner, tar pauing after the event for leftovers is ok since don't waste food mah. Similarly, it is ok for staff or workers to take back sponsored food and drinks after events....

There are some companies or restaurants that practise strict policies of throwing away food instead of allowing people to take back.

But going to buffet to purposely take extra food to tau pau back is terrible..... really kaisu behaviour.

RuthBaby said:
LOLZ!
i went for a buffet last week and i saw a family bringing lunch boxes there to TAR PAU discreetly... :confused:

humm... purposely bring lunch boxes to tar pau uh.... not so good lor :nono:

my company conference at suntec got buffet leftovers. want to tau par leftover, now got to sign a disclaimer letter saying that suntec catering not responsible for any food poisoning.

Lenscapes said:
my company conference at suntec got buffet leftovers. want to tau par leftover, now got to sign a disclaimer letter saying that suntec catering not responsible for any food poisoning.

That's the primary reason why some places throw away food cos they are afraid might cause food poisoning...

Some buffets only replenish certain food up to some extent and stop... this kind of behaviour only encourage more people to grab.....

ta bau at the end of the party/function/dinner is ok, why waste the food? The organisers are not going to give the food to somebody else other than the rubbish dump. However, I do agree that ta bau during the event or beginning of the event is bad

ta bao at the start is good as it helps the food at the splatter to be replenished with freshier serving earlier.

Kho King said:
ta bau at the end of the party/function/dinner is ok, why waste the food? The organisers are not going to give the food to somebody else other than the rubbish dump. However, I do agree that ta bau during the event or beginning of the event is bad

Hey RuthBaby,
Are you talking about those $18.00+++ per head, eat whatever you can type of buffet? If you are talk about this kind, defiantly cannot ta bao.

But people, if you guys are talking about sit down buffet during company D&D or wedding reception. Off course you can ta bao, all you need to do is ask, the hotel people or the caterer will even provide you container or pack for you. Nothing wrong here, you are welcome to ta bao if there is any food leftover.

All Suntec International Convention and Exibition Centre Banquet staff are not allowed to eat/ "tar pau" / the food there. Offenders will be fired once if they were discovered by the Captains. All staffs are not allowed to consume any alcohol even if u are 18 or above.

however there are cases that the staff are being caught red-handed, and they are given a warning and some were given a suspension. however the decoy team always takes the left overs and consume them when others are not watching.

Usually the person doing the catching is the Manager, he/she will go around looking for people who are hiding in the toilets smoking or "eat snakes". But they will also go round "hunting" for pple who eat the left overs.

usually the staff who eat at the back will display a very bad image of the Company, and will give others a impression that they are "yao gui" <-- Yao Gui is Hungry ghost in hokkien.

The Captains will only allow those who work during the night shift 3pm-11pm. to only consume the left overs ONCE the guest have left the event venue, and they do not wish to leave early. And since they are dismissed at 11pm, the most they can eat will be the left overs of the desserts, and the last few courses.

But from my previous experience at Suntec, they do not provide any services to customers requesting for plastic containers. And if we were to be approached by our customers requesting for them, we will have to reject them politely and apologise that we do not have such a service. But on some events, the company will provide the plastic containers and they will remind us that if their staff were to require them, we will need to collect them at the specific location.

But since if u have paid for the buffet, by all means make your money worthwhile. Its your money, not theirs, the food that you take belongs to u too, because u have paid for it.. haha.. dun worry on how others look at you.

if you want to tar pau, carry on by all means. But if the buffet is a treat by someone and u do not need to pay, den erm.. i guess its better not to tar pau as maybe u are displaying a very bad impression of yourself.

well.. this is my 2cnts...

Status
Not open for further replies.