Take a Seat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manda

Jun 23, 2006
Singapore
www.amandaherbert.com
This is my first attempt at using selective colour. I'm not happy with the results, perhaps you can tell me how to improve? Thanks
Take-a-Seat.jpg

the star of your picture is the broken chair. aim the centre focus point at the seat. the colors here are not vivid. jack up the greens for the grass, but the chair's color must be stronger. for this type of shot, you need a background to give it a sense of time. it is an old chair. any modern building at the back will do the trick. to emphasize the timeline between old and new, you need to give it distance (i.e. space). make sure the chair's position is far from the building. distance also gives it a sense of being forgotten. turn off the autofocus. the modern camera is still not very intelligent in handling such a messy situation.

This is my first attempt at using selective colour. I'm not happy with the results, perhaps you can tell me how to improve? Thanks
Take-a-Seat.jpg

the tint seems to orginate from the rust and discolouration of the chair, for that i think this is an excellent colour scheme.

however, the framing is undecisive. the framing has a tendency of 'trapping' the viewers' attention as it's not close enough to uncover interesting details nor wide enough for comprehension of the chair's environment. a wider framing will give viewers some 'breathing' space for imagination beyond the chair.

Status
Not open for further replies.