Take a look at some really beautiful pics here and at the same time teach a newbie

Status
Not open for further replies.

behyx

Jun 15, 2002
SG
the link is here:

http://www1.photosig.com/viewuser.php?id=5279

click on each photo, the description will says what type of filter/lenses the professional photographer use.

can you guys explain what kind of filter/lenses are them? and how much are they??

Originally posted by behyx
the link is here:

http://www1.photosig.com/viewuser.php?id=5279

click on each photo, the description will says what type of filter/lenses the professional photographer use.

can you guys explain what kind of filter/lenses are them? and how much are they??

I believe that guy is not a profrssional photographer. He uses a Nkion 5700 digital camera and Cokin warm filter.

Originally posted by Kit

I believe that guy is not a profrssional photographer. He uses a Nkion 5700 digital camera and Cokin warm filter.

no need to be professional to take good pics mah...

Originally posted by Kit
Just curious. Why do you find his shots so appealing?

i found the forest pics very warming... very nice.... and i believe it's the cause of the warm filter right? so what it actually do? it only makes color of the picture more warming?

so basically filter revolves around the colors thats it huh?

and how much filter cost?

i wont buy warm filter... i will cheat with PS:D

Originally posted by franciskc
i wont buy warm filter... i will cheat with PS:D

will you achieve the same effect?

but as a film SLR user, i doubt i can use PS.. unless i am gonna get a digital format from the lab...

Originally posted by siron
http://www1.photosig.com/viewphoto.php?id=349484

Like so impossible leh this shot...
can get so clear meh? as in backgrd while focusing the subject in front, the F very be very high. My 707 can never do that man!

geez i've to agree dat this shot seems almost impossible to take...it looks at if he made a montage out of 2 different photos using photoshop?:dunno:

Hi,

It's not really that difficult.. First of all, to keep both object sharp, you will have to use a smaller aperture... It seems that he doesn't have a small enough aperture for this one as the statue of liberty at the background isn't quite sharp enough. As for the lighting, this can be done by a slow-sync flash exposure.. Just expose for the background (i.e. the statue) and the flash will take care of the foreground object (that binocular)... The flash will certainly not reach the background but will nicely light up your foreground subject... There you have it, a scene with nicely lit foreground subject that's balanced with the background! ;)

KS

Originally posted by izux

geez i've to agree dat this shot seems almost impossible to take...it looks at if he made a montage out of 2 different photos using photoshop?:dunno:

Hi,

yes for such shots, small apertures have to be used to get both the foreground and background in focus.
Even though his statue of liberty is not exactly the sharpest, but considering the distance between the 2 objects of focus, what fstop could he be using? His Coolpix 5700 smallest's size is only f8....

Originally posted by izux
Hi,

yes for such shots, small apertures have to be used to get both the foreground and background in focus.
Even though his statue of liberty is not exactly the sharpest, but considering the distance between the 2 objects of focus, what fstop could he be using? His Coolpix 5700 smallest's size is only f8....

That is why I say it's almost impossible...
for my cam I cannot do it cause smallest is only F8.

Originally posted by siron
http://www1.photosig.com/viewphoto.php?id=349484

Like so impossible leh this shot...
can get so clear meh? as in backgrd while focusing the subject in front, the F very be very high. My 707 can never do that man!

Haizzz.......... anybody actually bother to read his tutorial??

"Next don´t use the highest or the lowest F-stop. Use a mid F-stop like 4 or 5.6."

Originally posted by Kit

"Next don´t use the highest or the lowest F-stop. Use a mid F-stop like 4 or 5.6."

I read...at F4-5 or so....can he actually get so clear in the bachgtound and front subject?? I doubt so leh

Originally posted by Kit

y use a mid f-stop? i tot a smaller aperture results in better clarity?

Originally posted by shuy

y use a mid f-stop? i tot a smaller aperture results in better clarity?

Apparently, digital cameras have deeper DOF. His reason for using a wider aperture is to prevent the starry effects on the lights.

Status
Not open for further replies.