Taiwan Trip in Dec 09

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going for a packaged tour from 26th to 29th dec with family, but have extended 1 more extra day before and after in taipei. Any suggestion to go near or at taipei for 2 separate days?

check online for the Taipei MRT map and decide from there
shopping is always good for the family, night markets too

there is also a wholesale street called wu fen pu (i think)
lots of kids clothes and street fashion

I'm going for a packaged tour from 26th to 29th dec with family, but have extended 1 more extra day before and after in taipei. Any suggestion to go near or at taipei for 2 separate days?

Hi there

for extra day which on 30 Dec guess think its better to be in taipei shop ard bah lol as i guess your last day will be in taipei on 29 Dec.

Ya Wu Fen Pu is wholesale for clothing but during this season which is winter dun know the clothing is it suitable for SG or not.

But can go there @@ @@ if there are good buys. Either can stop by Yu Ren Ma Tou and just shop ard

My route is also about the same as yours but in different days. Maybe will meetup in one of those days hehe

oh really, it would be great if we manage to bump into each other there :bsmilie:

Yup maybe haha will be till 01 Jan spend NYE in Taiwan haha

Think the fireworks will be better and grand as compare tonite's event in Vivo hehe

Yup maybe haha will be till 01 Jan spend NYE in Taiwan haha

Think the fireworks will be better and grand as compare tonite's event in Vivo hehe

yup!! look forward the xmas eve n also ny eve in taipei. Cant wait for the holiday to come~ :bsmilie:

Will be going to wu fen pu on the last day of the group tour so for the extra day I might not go there again.

Hi there

for extra day which on 30 Dec guess think its better to be in taipei shop ard bah lol as i guess your last day will be in taipei on 29 Dec.

Ya, found out the hotel for the extra day on the 30th is 2 min from xi men MRT and located right smack in ximending. So should be spending my time at ximending and at the taiwan museum (courtesy of taiwan tourism board - see earlier posts)

Ya Wu Fen Pu is wholesale for clothing but during this season which is winter dun know the clothing is it suitable for SG or not.

But can go there @@ @@ if there are good buys. Either can stop by Yu Ren Ma Tou and just shop ard

I've been to taipei 2 years ago and found out for myself they mostly see "winter" clothes which is not suitable for SG wear. I'll will consider Yu Ren Ma Tou...need to find out where first.

I contemplated going to "xiao ren guo" but found out its located outside of Taipei and must take 3 trips (MRT > Train > bus)...damn waste time...LoL!

I've been to taipei 2 years ago and found out for myself they mostly see "winter" clothes which is not suitable for SG wear. I'll will consider Yu Ren Ma Tou...need to find out where first.

I contemplated going to "xiao ren guo" but found out its located outside of Taipei and must take 3 trips (MRT > Train > bus)...damn waste time...LoL!

Yu Ren Ma Tou its actually near Dan Shuai Lao Zie,

You could go source it out

yup!! look forward the xmas eve n also ny eve in taipei. Cant wait for the holiday to come~ :bsmilie:

Are there going to be Xmas celebrations in Taiwan? I don't think it is a holiday for them.

Are there going to be Xmas celebrations in Taiwan? I don't think it is a holiday for them.

No 25 Dec is not a public holiday for taiwan, Xmas hmm dun know got celebration or not but NYE should have think at 101 tower.

Here are some sample pics from my recent trip to Taipei.
http://picasaweb.google.com/pinholecam01/TaiwanNov2009#
You can use it as reference as to what catches your eye.

Off the city a bit, I'd suggest JiuFen, Yingge or North East Coast

hmm ..shifen is nice with the waterfall , if u wan travel to other parts ....alishan , riyuetan, also a nice place to shoot .. or some places like lugang with many temples , xinshe which have many farms esp the lavender farms

another tip, once you have booked your tickets

As part of the “2009 Tour Taiwan Year” program, seasonal giveaways / free gifts are given to visitors who purchased air tickets to Taiwan and with hotel booking. The seasonal giveaways / free gifts can be collected at Tourism Bureau’s head office in Taipei city or at the Tourism Bureau’s representative office abroad.

see this link

http://www.tit.com.tw/page_e/magazine1_1_1.php?soft=2226&id=2231&pg_tit=2009

Thanks for the head-up
So i just bring my hotel booking and air tickets there will do?

I need help with my taiwan trip planing here. Does anyone been to Mt. Hehuan before. How long will it takes to get to Hualian for there?

I was thinking to include toroko gorge on the way from mt hehuan to hualian. but not sure if the time is enough or not...:sweat:

Yu Ren Ma Tou its actually near Dan Shuai Lao Zie,

You could go source it out

it is a river/water front kind of place, located at the river entrance facing ocean, the brigde is longer and higher, look very much like our indoor stadium waterfront bridge, alongside many food and coffee bars, alongside many fishing boats and a fish market centre, there's a coast guard station too.. It is a good place to shoot sunset ! further in is a city with a nite market.

if u love to walk and see, Danshui MRT is accessible.

Last edited:
Wahh Say bro haha KK haizzz still waiting for the trip -_-||| another 2 more weeks to go.

Do upload the pix ya cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.