Taiwan Trip 7D6N

yawen

Nov 21, 2010
Choa Chu Kang
Hey Guys !

I'm going to taiwan for 7D6N . Any nice places to visit and take photo ? :)

taiwan is very big.

if u do some research on google, depending on which month u go... some places will be nicer.

anyway i went last year Nov for 14 days but I only covered Taipei, Jiufen, Hualien (part of it), Sun Moon Lake and Alishan.

Last edited:
My favourite places in Taiwan so far are Hualien+Taitung (Scenic Hua Tung Valley stretch), Tainan (historical County+food+salt plains), Kenting (beautiful coastal line) and Nantou (Ching Jing + Sun Moon Lake). Visit Chang Hua's Lu Gang if have time. Skip Taipei and Kaoshiung if you are not a city person.

Taiwan is really huge and there are many nice places to visit and take photos.
It depends on the season you are going, whether you are travelling alone or with family and your focus for the trip - whether you prefer sightseeing, shopping, food....
Try not to be too ambitious to cover too many places, travelling can takes up a lot of time, so plan your itinerary properly :)

Hmmm ... I'm going on 30sep till 6 oct . I'm going alone . I just don't know where to visit . The plane will drop at Tao yuan international airport.

Hmmm ... I'm going on 30sep till 6 oct . I'm going alone . I just don't know where to visit . The plane will drop at Tao yuan international airport.

Oct is the time where you can go to most places and Taiwan is a place with so many things to do!

Your plane will drop you at Tao Yuan international airport, which I assume should be around evening time. From there, the nearest you can go to is Taipei or if you are still early, head straight to 高雄 and subsequently to 墾丁 - which has beautiful coastal line as someone mentioned above).

The other option is to stay in 台中 (cheaper than Taipei). From 台中, you can go to 清境 (at 南投) and SunMoon Lake (via 埔里鎮 from 清境). 清境 is worth staying at least for a night.

You can also go to 阿里山 (from 嘉義). Stay there for a night to catch the sunrise!

You can also visit Taroko Gorge (太魯閣).

If this is the first time you are visitng Taiwan, you may want to spend 1-2 days in Taipei towards the end of the trip. In Taipei itself, you can travel to 九份 and/or 十 分, 淡 水 - these are old towns and street, good for photography. If you like shopping, try 五分埔 (for ladies) or 西門町. And of course, don't forget to visit the night market and try out the different food!

Try to google for images of these places and see if you like what you see, then plan accordingly :)

yewkwang said:
Oct is the time where you can go to most places and Taiwan is a place with so many things to do!

Your plane will drop you at Tao Yuan international airport, which I assume should be around evening time. From there, the nearest you can go to is Taipei or if you are still early, head straight to 高雄 and subsequently to 墾丁 - which has beautiful coastal line as someone mentioned above).

The other option is to stay in 台中 (cheaper than Taipei). From 台中, you can go to 清境 (at 南投) and SunMoon Lake (via 埔里鎮 from 清境). 清境 is worth staying at least for a night.

You can also go to 阿里山 (from 嘉義). Stay there for a night to catch the sunrise!

You can also visit Taroko Gorge (太魯閣).

If this is the first time you are visitng Taiwan, you may want to spend 1-2 days in Taipei towards the end of the trip. In Taipei itself, you can travel to 九份 and/or 十 分, 淡 水 - these are old towns and street, good for photography. If you like shopping, try 五分埔 (for ladies) or 西門町. And of course, don't forget to visit the night market and try out the different food!

Try to google for images of these places and see if you like what you see, then plan accordingly :)

Any cheap and nice hotel that you recommend me ? Because this is my first time going Taiwan . Btw my plane arrived at 5am .