Taiwan Scenery

Status
Not open for further replies.

blurrblurr

Sep 9, 2005
Simei, Punggol Central
Planning to go taiwan on a free and easy trip
Like to know which part of taiwan had the most beautiful natural scenery which I shall not miss?

Planning to go taiwan on a free and easy trip
Like to know which part of taiwan had the most beautiful natural scenery which I shall not miss?

many areas in central taiwan - qingjing, hohuansan, aowanda, riyuetan.... but they ain't that accessible by lone foreigners travelling on their own. most ppl goes by their own cars or by coaches (group tour).

you can however consider taking down a train from taipei to hualien and get a local tour to tarogo and taidong, and maybe to hohuansan.

http://www.clubsnap.org/forums/showpost.php?p=2682302&postcount=16

When I was staying there, my friends and I used to walk into 7-11 during the week, pick up one of their local travel guidebooks, and then travel on the weekends.
You don't have to travel very far actually, around the Greater Taipei Area, like the Yang Ming Shan nature reserve, but you might have to travel quite a bit inside to get to the less crowded places. Then there is a nature trail at Nei Dong forest reserve at Wulai, a bit further will be Yingge at Sanxia. There are a few nice places in Elan County just a few train stops away (Can't remember the names). Down the same train line to Hualien, the most famous will be the Taroko gorge, or you can continue into the Huadong Valley towards Taidong.

Be sure to check out their friendly travel guide station. You can get copies of maps to attractive locations. Ask for recommendation from the staffs. They can recommand you top notch hotels to peanuts motels. And not forgetting the tourists attraction.

Btw, which part of Taiwan you're venturing into?

OT, do we need to apply for a visa if it is less then 30 days ?

TIA.

When I was staying there, my friends and I used to walk into 7-11 during the week, pick up one of their local travel guidebooks, and then travel on the weekends.
You don't have to travel very far actually, around the Greater Taipei Area, like the Yang Ming Shan nature reserve, but you might have to travel quite a bit inside to get to the less crowded places. Then there is a nature trail at Nei Dong forest reserve at Wulai, a bit further will be Yingge at Sanxia. There are a few nice places in Elan County just a few train stops away (Can't remember the names). Down the same train line to Hualien, the most famous will be the Taroko gorge, or you can continue into the Huadong Valley towards Taidong.

besides those he can go from I-Lan to the North East Coast. IMHO, Wulai's scenery is better than Yang Ming Shan.

Status
Not open for further replies.