Taiwan - electrical voltage? Advice please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valles

Jul 15, 2009
Hi Fellow CSer;

I need some advice from those who have been to taiwan on the electrical voltage there? I read from some websites stating the voltages to be 110 over in taiwan, hence I'm wondering how can I charge my nikon batts when I'm over there?

Thanks in advance :angel:

They are exactly the same as USA.

i.e. 110V 2 flat pins 1 round earth pin. (50Hz, dun really matter in batt charging).

Your charger should be dual voltage, double check by looking at your charger and see if it says INPUT : 110 - 240 V AC.

you have to get a socket adaptor since most charger comes with UK plug (3 fat flat pings) or 2 round pins.

Take note socket adaptor don't convert voltage.

They are exactly the same as USA.

i.e. 110V 2 flat pins 1 round earth pin. (50Hz, dun really matter in batt charging).

Your charger should be dual voltage, double check by looking at your charger and see if it says INPUT : 110 - 240 V AC.

you have to get a socket adaptor since most charger comes with UK plug (3 fat flat pings) or 2 round pins.

Take note socket adaptor don't convert voltage.

Thank you sir, I will check my charger input the first thing when I reach home later. So long it's stated 110-240 V AC, I should be safe to presume that its compatible for dual voltage right?

Thank you sir, I will check my charger input the first thing when I reach home later. So long it's stated 110-240 V AC, I should be safe to presume that its compatible for dual voltage right?

Yes.

If it says "240 V AC" only. then you have to get a voltage converter/transformer.

as far as i know, Nikon Chargers are standalone and you attach a cable to it.

All u need is either find a suitable cable for Taiwan use or a socket adaptor.

Yes.

If it says "240 V AC" only. then you have to get a voltage converter/transformer.

as far as i know, Nikon Chargers are standalone and you attach a cable to it.

All u need is either find a suitable cable for Taiwan use or a socket adaptor.

Thank you so much for your valuable sharing.

Status
Not open for further replies.