Taipei 101. Moments before the storm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

billpepsi

Jan 2, 2005
The 3rd Rock
Moments before the storm. Taipei 101.

Photo was shot from 89th floor. BTW, their lift takes 37sec to get up there, claims to be the fastest lift in the world.

Would you shoot this photo with a fisheye lens?
Taiwan050809378-resize.jpg

Hey nice! I'd have loved a slightly wider perspective but this is great!

1st pic :eek:

Look like a scene from Independance Day~ :thumbsup:

I like the first pict. Looks like a scene from some kind of sci-fi movie.

Too bad you only show the low res.:)

wah, it's cool, can go up further?

First pic takes the cake:thumbsup:

Hmmm.. I tot this forum is not meant for show off but for serious critiques and feedback like what the guidelines say? :think:

:thumbsup: Love the first one, and the tone effect is perfect, looks like one of the scene in 'War of The Worlds' movie.

wow #1 is absolutely amazing... really looks like a movie :thumbsup:

It's hard to believe that the Taipei 101 is really that tall?? Seems like the picture is taken from a plane or something. If I'm not wrong, the ray of light is a piece of PS magic. But a good picture, in any case!

jeffhiew said:
Moments before the storm. Taipei 101.

Photo was shot from 89th floor. BTW, their lift takes 37sec to get up there, claims to be fastest lift in the world.
Taiwan050809378-resize.jpg

Super nice shot you have here. :thumbsup:

May I know how to access to the top floor at Taipei 101 ?

I tot this is critique corner??? Where's the constructive elements of the posts? To beginner like me I think it's nice framing, I dunno about rule of thirds or what but keeping the sky and landscape evenly spaced with the horizon in the middle seems to work plus you got that additional rays of light in the middle which caught my eye.

Maybe if you made the shot more panoramic with stitching then it'd make for a really impressive poster. I mean it like the opposite of fisheye effect... not sure what's that term...No tweaking of colours done with PS correct?

Tx guys,

Photo was shot with the 18-70mm Nikkor kit lens, with CPL filter to block out reflection from the window and also to achieve contrast clouds.

BTW, would the photo effect be better if shot with a fisheye lens??

King Tiger said:
Super nice shot you have here. :thumbsup:

May I know how to access to the top floor at Taipei 101 ?

There is a special express lift that goes up to the viewing gallery which the fee is NT$350. Long queue though, there were approx 50+ ppl in the queue.

ccube78 said:
It's hard to believe that the Taipei 101 is really that tall?? Seems like the picture is taken from a plane or something. If I'm not wrong, the ray of light is a piece of PS magic. But a good picture, in any case!

The ray of light was in the original photo but the effect was a little weak, so did some PSed to touch up the photo.

ortega said:
yes a full frame fish eye would make the already stunning picture better.

also less green please.

Tx Ortega, will take note of that. This photo was shot with a 18-70 kit lens.

Status
Not open for further replies.