Tailor recommendations

Forsei

Mar 23, 2006
Shirt & pants from the usual department stores somehow don't fit or feel quite right these days. Maybe my body shape not so mainstream now haha. Perhaps a good tailor might help. Any recommendations? Budget say 100 or less. Tks bros!

What about bringing your body back to mainstream shape? Should be worth the efforts, in the long run :)

Haha! That's a good one.
Any more realistic options?

Lol you would feel happier too :)

On a related note, perhaps you can try Grandcity tailor at Frontier in Ubi. I get all my shirts from there. Prices have been inching up.

What about bringing your body back to mainstream shape? Should be worth the efforts, in the long run :)

Some changes are irreversible!! Those mainstream shapes are bygones :cry:

Lol you would feel happier too :)

On a related note, perhaps you can try Grandcity tailor at Frontier in Ubi. I get all my shirts from there. Prices have been inching up.

Tks for that, they only do shirts?

$100 - per shirt, per trousers, or per set? :p

Realistically $100 can only get you a good brand bra in Singapore:

dsc031771-400x311.jpg

Yup only shirts. Basically you cut out the middlemen by going straight to Grandcity.

Yeah. I did a shirt with them back in 2010. It was S$50 per shirt. Don't know what's the price now.

Recommend driving over as there are limited buses.

Turnaround time is about 2 months.

You might want to have a good idea of the shirt designs you want, because I didn't get much help from the staff there.

Agree. They keep telling me its up to each persons preference when I asked them for popular colours and designs. Lol. Luckily I'm a simple guy who goes for traditional designs.

I did one batch last year for $60 each. The better cloths will cost $70. Small additions such as initials on cuffs, coloured threads for buttons and simple inner lining for collars are free.

If you dont tailor near the year end and CNY period, their turnaround time is usually two to three weeks.

Wow. 2-3 weeks now eh? Looks like you pay a bit more and get a bit more too.

Can also consider the chain tailor Marcella? I have never worked with them, but the prices seem to fit the budget.