tail gate

Status
Not open for further replies.

jesser

Dec 28, 2002
Serangoon
www.jesserswork.com.sg
Hi, for those who drive, what do you all do when those big vehicles tail gate you? I drive a liteace and can get very sick of those drivers with their huge monster and follow you so near that they will just simply 'kiss' your back if happen you press your brake. what i practice is the nearer they get to me....the slower i go....:dunno: :angry:

If it's a car or SUV tailgating me, I like to turn on my windshield washer. Usually the water spray will end up on his windshield and they are forced to clean their windshield too. They usually fall back a bit. If they come closer, I just repeat myself. Works great, especially on motorcycles and open top convertibles.

Another thing to do is to tap your brake pedal lightly while stepping on the gas. Tap enough so your brake light comes on but you are not actually slowing down. They'd pull back too, very effective method.

Thirdly, you can just take your foot off the accelerator and let your car slow down, annoys the heck out of anyone behind you.

Another method is to turn on your signal, make like you're signalling to get to the slower lane but remain where you are. Damn annoying too.

Of course errant tailgaters will react by pulling closer or flashing their high beams at you. They'd tire easily and be on their way...

Terence said:
If it's a car or SUV tailgating me, I like to turn on my windshield washer. Usually the water spray will end up on his windshield and they are forced to clean their windshield too. They usually fall back a bit. If they come closer, I just repeat myself. Works great, especially on motorcycles and open top convertibles.

Another thing to do is to tap your brake pedal lightly while stepping on the gas. Tap enough so your brake light comes on but you are not actually slowing down. They'd pull back too, very effective method.

Thirdly, you can just take your foot off the accelerator and let your car slow down, annoys the heck out of anyone behind you.

Another method is to turn on your signal, make like you're signalling to get to the slower lane but remain where you are. Damn annoying too.

Of course errant tailgaters will react by pulling closer or flashing their high beams at you. They'd tire easily and be on their way...

why not just let the buggers go past :think: :think: :sweat:

Terence said:

Don't be smart alec.

I am for sure, conclude you are one such driver who will or maybe ever cause motorbikers to have accident. Use your brain man! The water you spray whether with windows cleaner chemical or not will cause a biker to have irritation should the water splashed into their eyes. Imagine if the helmet visor if lifted up or no visor what happened to the eyes and how will he/she reacty unprepared or due to irritation? Come and let me splash some water in your eyes and you will know!
You do defensive driving but please protect the road user who are totally exposed without windscreen.

Ya, I drive and ride so I am not against driver only. So please think carefully next time if you are doing it again and make the road be a safer place.

burger said:
why not just let the buggers go past :think: :think: :sweat:

Probably the best thing to do... sometimes I forget, good thing I hardly drive these days. And when I scrap my car in a month's time, I won't be getting a replacement for a while.

just let the buggers go past.

Anyway, how fast are you driving? Are you road hogging? if you are the kind of old granny driver, please use the left lane.

Actually both are equally irritating, road hoggers and tailgaters...

sometimes I am driving at +10km/hr above speed limit still got tailgaters...

wind30 said:
just let the buggers go past.

Anyway, how fast are you driving? Are you road hogging? if you are the kind of old granny driver, please use the left lane.

Actually both are equally irritating, road hoggers and tailgaters...

sometimes I am driving at +10km/hr above speed limit still got tailgaters...

i'm driving a liteace.....is a van...how fast can i go? and on x-pressway, i only can keep to my left lane no matter how fast i go. but those big buggers just came close to me.....espeacially on TPE and AYE at jurong area.:think: may be is time for me to upgrade something faster.........:think: :think: :think: but no $$$ leh!!!:dunno:

Terence said:

er.. i drive lorry hor.. its true those big guys do tailgate our ass.. but i think its dangerous to do wat u mention.. they might seem effective but still this word, DANGEROUS.. like wat dominator has highlight, sometime these action can cause accident..

i wouldnt do these unless the big guys really keep irritate me.. like u say, we have only the extremely left lane, since u ( big guys ) wan fast, then overtake me, if i see there is intention of pple overtaking me, i will slow down a bit then back to speed limit again..

i dun mind pple beam my wit their lights.. cos i am taller and wun bother me.. if i happen to have my flash, hehe.. he will get a taste of it.. of course dangerous also.. :bsmilie:

take note.. those pple ( cars esp.. ) who drive at slow speed on ext left is usually talking on the hp.. damn pissed.. :angry: anyway OT liao..

drive safely...

actually i super duper hate ppl who uses the highbeam, i may start a petition to disable singapore cars' high beam... y? There isn't any spot in singapore that needs highbeam.. and i see alot of ppl misuse them, esp with those ultra white HID lights, they from far high beam you, you look into mirror, you already blinded... how 2 move faster? then the best move is to let them kiss your ass liao, cos its the only way you can use your rear to block the beam... seriously thou, i drive 120km+ also got ppl taigate me, and the jio me to run, siao... i rush for time lor, u think i like to race? siao on Hondas cheebics...

DCA, anyone who see your face will want to race u mah....u like the InitialD type:bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Sjourn said:
DCA, anyone who see your face will want to race u mah....u like the InitialD type:bsmilie: :bsmilie:

haha...

well, some drivers here also misuse their FOG light.. streets in singapore is bright enough in most place.. y bother to ON the fog light ??

its true sometime, those "hao lian-ders" change to white light.. damn glaring...

now not only Honda jio liao... got see toyota vios too..

Sjourn said:

u mean i got the sia lan face issit?

hmm so i look like the takahashi brothers or takumi? or worse.. itsuki... :angry:

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
u mean i got the sia lan face issit?

hmm so i look like the takahashi brothers or takumi? or worse.. itsuki... :angry:

no lah, you more like a Del-kumi.....lol:bsmilie: u're such a nice guy, no one will one to flash you la.

Sjourn said:
no lah, you more like a Del-kumi.....lol:bsmilie: u're such a nice guy, no one will one to flash you la.

hehehe... ya lor... i always hope those girls (below 35) driving BMWs, Mercs, those high end cars will just beam me on the road, den we go park at some nearby carpark.... den....

... they gimme a ride in their car and let me test drive their car... :bsmilie:

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
hehehe... ya lor... i always hope those girls (below 35) driving BMWs, Mercs, those high end cars will just beam me on the road, den we go park at some nearby carpark.... den....

... they gimme a ride in their car and let me test drive their car... :bsmilie:
test car??? are u sure....
hehehe

jesser said:
Hi, for those who drive, what do you all do when those big vehicles tail gate you? I drive a liteace and can get very sick of those drivers with their huge monster and follow you so near that they will just simply 'kiss' your back if happen you press your brake. what i practice is the nearer they get to me....the slower i go....:dunno: :angry:
Sad thing to say... why big vehicles like to "tailgate"...
how fast can they go legally???
i "been" through it. understand the speed limit, but some others in normal car are taking their own sweet time(can't blame them).will try to over take if can... most of the time(limited to 60km/h, sometimes abit more to 70/80)

jesser said:

Every coin has 2 side. Just like someone mentioned, before you get pissed with the big vehicles behind, probably take a look if you are hogging the road.

This is 1 thing I like about driving on Malaysia Highway. You hardly see any tail gate business there, or beep-beep horn, everyone seems to be very "automatic" when any vehicles come near behind. :think:

Driving in different countries have different etiquette, like Togu said about driving in Malaysia Highway, a horn maybe a signal that be aware I am passing you. I especially liked when you are driving behind a slower vehicle and the front driver signals you that it is safe to overtake, this is such a good system where people are looking out for each other, narrow lanes or single lanes overtaking can be fatal.

Similarly, in India they practically horn at the slightest thing, like nobody's business, but they don't mean any disrespect just to let other drivers know they are on their left/right or close to them. Imagine that in Singapore, there would be fights everywhere already.

So sometimes it's good to find out for ourselves about different cultures and understand the good about others and that we are not always better than others. That way there is a live and let live attitude.

Back to the local scene started in this thread, I would either speed ahead as it is not wise to be so closely behind a heavy vehicle most likely with V8 power behind the hood. Or I will let it pass if after speeding ahead the truck driver is adamantly after my behind.

Secondly, I want to raise a point to drivers who drives on the extreme right thinking that as long as they are within speed limit they have the right to be in that lane.

FYI, the right lane is for overtaking, so immediately after overtaking one should filter left, but can hardly see this being practised here. So, it doesn't mean that as long as you drive 90Km/hr one can keep "hogging" it. Others who want to overtake will need to overtake on the left and it is dangerous for all road users.

../azul123

togu said:
Every coin has 2 side. Just like someone mentioned, before you get pissed with the big vehicles behind, probably take a look if you are hogging the road.

This is 1 thing I like about driving on Malaysia Highway. You hardly see any tail gate business there, or beep-beep horn, everyone seems to be very "automatic" when any vehicles come near behind. :think:

I like to drive along Msian highway too. Whenever they see a fast moving car approaching, they siam to one lane and let the faster car overtake. Over here, hardly anyone does. Perhaps our highways our too crowded and no way to siam.

Mercedes drivers are the worst lot I have come across. Tailgate or no tailgate they think they own the road. So far the Beng Bosses who drives merc are the worst culprit.

If any of our fellow CS members drive merc, hope u dont fall into this typical group.

Status
Not open for further replies.