Tag watch service bad experience

Status
Not open for further replies.
X

xk2000

3 weeks ago i sent my tag watch for replaced battery at Golden Landmark SC(black shop @2nd level), because recently they have advertised in newspaper looks quite professional, and the price cheaper than the Tag Cuctomer Service($35), they charge only $20 + 1year batt warranty. after 3 weeks the watch was slowing down until not move any more. i brought the watch back to the repair shop, the guy straight away told me that after changed battery if not move could be PCB faulty, i was shocked to heard that, later the guy took the watch inside their room for checking, after a while he came back to me said want to charge $150 for the PCB. i argued with them the watch just 2 years before that still working well, how come just changed battery can made the watch faulty. another guy in the shop claimed that the battery won't cause faulty is the watch problem, he can discount the price to $100 for repair, but i suspect their skill is the big problems. How do i trust them any more, 1st time for me to send there with this bad experience. Anyway, the watch still need to repair, i send it to tag CS & charged me $180 for the machanism problems.... :( now i have to paid more than what i saved in the begining :cry:

Last edited by a moderator:
3 weeks ago i sent my tag watch for replaced battery at Golden Landmark SC(black shop @2nd level), because recently they have advertised in newspaper looks quite professional, and the price cheaper than the Tag Cuctomer Service($35), they charge only $20 + 1year batt warranty. after 3 weeks the watch was slowing down until not move any more. i brought the watch back to the repair shop, the guy straight away told me that after changed battery if not move could be PCB faulty, i was shocked to heard that, later the guy took the watch inside their room for checking, after a while he came back to me said want to charge $150 for the PCB. i argued with them the watch just 2 years before that still working well, how come just changed battery can made the watch faulty. another guy in the shop claimed that the battery won't cause faulty is the watch problem, he can discount the price to $100 for repair, but i suspect their skill is the big problems. How do i trust them any more, 1st time for me to send there with this bad experience. Anyway, the watch still need to repair, i send it to tag CS & charged me $180 for the machanism problems.... :( now i have to paid more than what i saved in the begining :cry:
Personally am not affiliated to any entities in Golden Landmark ....

To be frank, if u r that knowledgeable about watches, why get them to change the battery for you? You could have done it yourself.

If everything that works perfectly for past 2 years wont break down, why would harvey norman provide 5 years extended warranty?

Though there r certain points that I dun agree with claims of the shop that batteries wont cause any faults to watches. Certain silver oxide batteries (in new state) do exert slight spikes of voltages which may burn the regulator coil within ... but thats usually instant ... not progressive over time ..

Genuinely I would stay away from Tag watches ... after all ... mechanics within are generally OEMS from ETA even for brands like chopard ... personal preference would be lange, VC or pateks ... though one has to appreciate ... else its as good as giving a F2.8 lens to someone who cant even tell its difference from F4 ...

You have only yourself to blame. Buy an expensive watch and then try and save $15 instead of sending it to Tag. Was it worth saving so little over? Don't think so.

Last edited:
Don't make the mistake of buying an expensive quartz watch. Buy an automatic instead.

You have only yourself to blame. Buy an expensive watch and then try and save $15 instead of sending it to Tag. Was it worth saving so little over? Don't think so.

I have to agree with him. If it was a savings of 50-100 maybe you can consider the risk, but for 15?

this is a very common mindset of singaporeans...can splurge thousands to purchase something but send the items to 3rd party sevice center/workshops to save ten dollars...:)

I wish i can afford to buy a expensive watch...:cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.