Tag Heuer

Status
Not open for further replies.

tazzi

Jun 3, 2002
Jurong West
www.flickr.com
5miii8.jpg

Taken with 90mm 1:1 Macro, 1.3sec shutter, F5.6, ISO 100, Flash w diffuser, Tripod

1. in what area is critique to be sought?
Attractiveness of the photo if used for advertisment.

2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
Class and sophistication of product brought out via the photo.

3. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
Normal lightings with tripod. Blank space on the left delibrate.

4. what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
Darken the whole photo to bring out the blackness which in my opinion brings out the photo better. At least that's what I feel, some might think that its too dark though.

Sincere critique appreciated. Thanks!

camera on tripod, actually can go for a smaller aperture, as now...300 meters has already got some DOF problem.

If used for ad, then imho I think theres pts to note?

1. Is that B/W? Logo and luminous dots all color gone? Remeber u're 'selling' the watch, unless that how the watch looks.

2. The dial on the watch is probably a very important feature of the watch.

3. So is the strap? Perhaps just a little indication?Seems cropped way too close.

4. The 'hands' inside shd prob not be inline as well?
Let others comment on technical aspects, hope it helps..
:)

Last edited:
If used for ad, then imho I think theres pts to note?

1. Is that B/W? Logo and luminous dots all color gone? Remeber u're 'selling' the watch, unless that how the watch looks.

2. The dial on the watch is probably a very important feature of the watch.

3. So is the strap? Perhaps just a little indication?Seems cropped way too close.

4. The 'hands' inside shd prob not be inline as well?
Let others comment on technical aspects, hope it helps..
:)

Hey thanks for the comment, would take note of it but I don't really understand your point 4 though. Can you elaborate on it more?

Hey thanks for the comment, would take note of it but I don't really understand your point 4 though. Can you elaborate on it more?

Oh, I meant how the sec-hand is sort of hiding the hands of the 2 smaller top & bottom timer? er, sori I dont know the terms. BTW, I'm a noob, so just for your considerations.:)

Last edited:
the framing around the watch is a wee bit tight. give it more breathing space.

There is a very huge large size display poster example of Bvlgari watches opposite this Sushi Tei at Taka, bring your hard copy and go there take a look, compare your shot with the display, point to point and details to details...then you shall come up with a conclusion like...Ah, this is the current standard for watch photography.

After some years, when you'd horn up your photographic skill to equal level of that, then you will ask...How much should I charge ...in the mean time..you should source for info on...table top product photography, get hold to all the info and then practice, practice , and more practice.

Not forgetting, had to set aside quite a sum of money to purchase other necessary accessories, lightings, light tents, diffuser, backgrds etc.

Last edited:
yeah..crop's too tight. would prefer if the entire watch is in focus..(bottom right isn't)
what is it in the watch that u r trying to capture? the lines? the shape? the dials?
each watch ad has different ways of featuring their watches. ck for example has unique shapes and a close up of it wouldn't do the watch justice.

Status
Not open for further replies.