Taegukgi / Brotherhood

Status
Not open for further replies.

ransoma22

Mar 31, 2002
KTV Lounge Hall
sorry dude, I totally disagree..... it is bad story, bad acting.......

the ridiculous scenes just turns me off and prevented me from believing the story. Everything was done too deliberately, nothing was left unsaid. The director does not believe in telling a story in subtle ways.

spoiler ALEART !!!!!!
--------

-------
many scenes that I tot was stupid, just for example, I understand the director wanted to show that the brothers were very close, so how did he put that across ?

by having 2 grown man, about 20 years old holding hands running around and playing catching in the middle of town..... and just in case you didn't get it, he had the older brother giving the younger brother a pen and said "you're the hopes and dreams of our family". AND just in case you STILL didn't get it, they had to share a single stick of popsicle...... 2 grown men.... and lastly just to seal the point, you have the bothers feeding each other noodles.........

:\

Brotherhood is extemrely a good movie. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
It is "Saving Private Ryan plus Titanic" combine!!!!

pic02.jpg

I have watch twice.
First time with my army buddies, second time with my wife and friends.

rueyloon said:
sorry dude, I totally disagree..... it is bad story, bad acting.......

the ridiculous scenes just turns me off and prevented me from believing the story. Everything was done too deliberately, nothing was left unsaid. The director does not believe in telling a story in subtle ways.
-------
many scenes that I tot was stupid, just for example, I understand the director wanted to show that the brothers were very close, so how did he put that across ? :\

Dear Rueyloon

OT a bit.
I apologise first, I can't help but I totally disagree with you.
Different country have different culture and different way of life.
The Koreans have a very strong family bond, and take very seriously and views on their parents, sisters and brothers.
In short, their bonds is close and strong.

In case you do not know and for your information, the four line surronding the South Korea flag means Father, Mother, Son and Daugther, the centre circle with red/blue mean family in harmony.
Got it.

ks-lgflag.gif

it has nothing to do with not understanding Korea, it is about bad story telling. Let me requalify this as just my opinion, as I'm sure people will disagree with me. since I've requalify this as just my opinion, I feel it is no where near "Saving Private Ryan".

spoiler alert
----------------

----------------
for example, the scene near the end, how can a soldier wearing the enemy's uniform move freely in the trenches ?

King Tiger said:
Dear Rueyloon

OT a bit.
I apologise first, I can't help but I totally disagree with you.
Different country have different culture and different way of life.
The Koreans have a very strong family bond, and take very seriously and views on their parents, sister and brothers.
In short, their bonds is close and strong.

In case you do not know and for your information, the four line surronding the South Korea flag means Father, Mother, Son and Daugther, the centre circle with red/blue mean family in harmony.
ks-lgflag.gif

hhaa, good one.

i watched coz i was 'forced' to, with frens... hehe.. and for a 'forced-show', it's actually pretty decent. i felt it was more gory than savin private, and wonder if it was gratuitous stuff at times, but overall it's a pretty heartfelt account. interesting how director portrays that it's hard to take sides in a war... as we should all know by now.

rueyloon said:
for example, the scene near the end, how can a soldier wearing the enemy's uniform move freely in the trenches ?

In war, any thing can happen.
In 25 Dec 1914 (if I am not wrong), during World War I, the British and German cease fire on this day and celebrate Christmas together.
They drink beers, smoke cigarette, visit each other site of the field, play soccer together, and even pray for each other.

rueyloon said:
it has nothing to do with not understanding Korea

Well, this a Korean Movie.
To understand or not to understand depends on indivdual mindset.
You got your point and I got mind right. ;)
Anyway, let nor argue lah. I apologise again if I say anything wrong.

King Tiger said:
Got it.

This is total INCORRECT! Thanks for the misinformation... ;(

Correction:

hanguk.png

oeyvind said:
This is total INCORRECT! Thanks for the misinformation... ;(

Ermm.........., sorry if I provide wrong information.
I was told by the South Korean tour guide when I was having a holiday at South Korea.
Maybe it is another version or somehow.

Status
Not open for further replies.