Tactics of the local cab drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

leotitude79

Jun 15, 2003
Visit site
Encountered the below:

In the town area, I am in the queue for cab going back. All the cabs seem to be always ON CALL. So I decided to call a cab and while in the queue to wait for available. Just nice an available cab drive in, my wife and I boarded the cab without hesitation. When I told the cab driver my destination, he replied that he is responding to a call going to XXXXXXXX(my destination). So I just act as nothing and cont the journey. The cab driver trying to clarify with us and I replied that I did called for a cab but not your vehicle and company. He actually call back to the call centre to clarify the call he is responding. And he tried to scold the operator for the unclear instructions(I think trying to gain sympathy). I just keep quiet and cont my journey home and I am not going to pay the "booking fee" as 4 bucks not a big amount and I feel that it is a matter of principle.

This thread intended to warn ppl who often take cabs of the cabby tactics. If you do encounter tactics from cabby pls do put in this thread.

He didn't try to charge you the fee, did he?

If he didn't.. Then? :dunno:

Cabbie tricks all of us pretty used to it.. Near to surcharge period for peak hours all the cabbies are busy. Then once the surcharge period starts, voila.. Happy cabbies start appearing to charge the surcharge. =D

actually i dun quite understand what you are trying to say lolx.. but as long as u nv pay the booking fee then can liao lor :D

I hate cabbies...
It is very common scenario in Singapore. The ON-CALL sign is always on during the certain timing. And it is impossible to flag down a cab even it is empty.
I don’t see any improvement from the cab company, all they know is increase the price…

actually i dun quite understand what you are trying to say lolx.. but as long as u nv pay the booking fee then can liao lor :D

No. Didn't pay the booking fee. He dare not ask for it also. Just to inform others of this tactics. The cabby very dishonest. First time encountered this.

Me and other CSers were at Shenton Way on Tuesday nite...it's about 9.15pm and the road is pretty quiet....all Taxis (blue lighted top and other lighted available) ZOOMED passed us...they even brushed pass our "bodies" ..Inches away.. (when we get onto the road to stop them) and they TOTALLY IGNORED US...

We thought of going down to the place and take photograph/videography of the taxis who did those STUNTS on a weekday nite.
should we have a competition on this....

Should be fun.....PRACTICE PANNING...

u'll get used to it.

the biggest mystery of Singapore is around 11pm goin to 12am.

all cabs go missing or are On CALL.

solve it if u can. :thumbsup:

This is an ancient problem that remains unresolved till today:bsmilie:

No. Didn't pay the booking fee. He dare not ask for it also. Just to inform others of this tactics. The cabby very dishonest. First time encountered this.

If he was responding to a real call (he called the callcenter to verify, right?) then he wasn't dishonest. You "stole" someone else's cab. If I was the one who actually called the cab and you hopped in, I would curse you.

If he was responding to a real call (he called the callcenter to verify, right?) then he wasn't dishonest. You "stole" someone else's cab. If I was the one who actually called the cab and you hopped in, I would curse you.

he hopped onto the cab that was meant for him.

he simply acted blur. play the outsmarting game.

at least this is what i think.

His taxi LED indicator indicated the cab is available. He never verify with me who I am and my hp number before drove off. The LCD display also never display job details. I dun think the cab is on call.

His taxi LED indicator indicated the cab is available. He never verify with me who I am and my hp number before drove off. The LCD display also never display job details. I dun think the cab is on call.

Aaah, ok, then you're right, he was being sneaky. You kinda left those details out of the initial post. :)

now people are complaining against taxi driver, first there was a bus thread, whats next? SMRT?

Assuming the TS did successfully call for a cab, then that cab driver allocated to the call would be waiting at the pickup point until .....

my experience was totally disgusting.

The can I managed to flag down (the sign indicates the cab was available) was already stopped to pick me up, then he rolled down the window and ask me where am I heading, it seems at that moment there was a booking and he immediately accepted it (yup the sign changed to "on call"). Then he says sorry and drives off....dang... I was really wishing his booking fly his aeroplane.

my experience was totally disgusting.

The can I managed to flag down (the sign indicates the cab was available) was already stopped to pick me up, then he rolled down the window and ask me where am I heading, it seems at that moment there was a booking and he immediately accepted it (yup the sign changed to "on call"). Then he says sorry and drives off....dang... I was really wishing his booking fly his aeroplane.

welcome to singapore;)

I ever saw a cab change the sign from "green" to "on call" at 11:30pm in Raffles Place when he saw me trying to hail it. Then I saw it driving into a small road. :angry: So my friend and I hailed together, and the next taxi, "in call" but empty immediately cut to the other lane and it too drove into a small road nearby. :sticktong I refused to call for taxi, knowing the 2 vanishing cabs will respond. So I walked to Chinatown to take bus from there.

:thumbsd:

welcome to singapore;)

actually, that's was the one and only time (so far). I dun really have anything against cabbies, they are trying to make a living too and if you know the "rules and standards" that were enforced on them by the campany, they get into trouble quite easily too.

I ever saw a cab change the sign from "green" to "on call" at 11:30pm in Raffles Place when he saw me trying to hail it. Then I saw it driving into a small road. :angry: So my friend and I hailed together, and the next taxi, "in call" but empty immediately cut to the other lane and it too drove into a small road nearby. :sticktong I refused to call for taxi, knowing the 2 vanishing cabs will respond. So I walked to Chinatown to take bus from there.

:thumbsd:

ummm u knoe that the on call sign cannot be manually triggered, they really hav to accept a call via their system. but the busy sign is manually triggered.

Status
Not open for further replies.