Taboo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

espn

Deregistered
Dec 20, 2002
Planet Nikon
I just shaved off my hair just now on impulse, feeling cool now, but then my family didn't really like it, and they know I'm shooting for a friend's wedding on saturday. :)

They say it's a taboo. And it's a christian wedding I'm shooting for. I dunnoe but is it really a taboo? I don't really believe in such things, so it never occured to me that others might see it as a taboo. I think all I can do now is to wear a cap on saturday. :(

What do you folks think of shaving hair? They say in the bible it's done when they mourn. So I guess it's a taboo and wrong thing of me to do. I shaved also cos next monday I'm going for ICT, thought it would be cooler for me. :dunno:

And worse, I got driving tomorrow, I hope I can practice with my cap on and hope my instructor don't ask me to take it off :bsmilie:

Well, there's about 5mm left on my head all around, shorter then BMT style.

My sister says it's a taboo, so just polling around in kopitiam here see the response.

Cos I'll feel bad if that day I go shoot and my friend's relatives/parents don't like, I don't mind getting into trouble, but I don't like to get others into trouble.

megaweb:

You've met me before what... just minus the hair, I'll get a portrait shot on sat done on me, wait for it. :D My camera put into my bag liao a bit lazy to take it out.

/me emphasises: see got swivel LCD how nice :devil:

Shaving of the head in Christian aspect (basing it on Anglican/ Lutheran/ Presbi/ Methodist theological arguements), has NO implication to wedding and stuffs... no mourning or whatever.

Dun worry, it's practical and in view of the recent weather, I think it will be cooler. I'm sure your parents' wouldn't want you to kenna any heat injury during training :devil:

If uncomfortable about how the wedding couple would comment, just wear a cap.. works everytime!:thumbsup:

Whether you believe in this or not doesn't matter, but the couple or their parents may believe in it, so better you ask beforehand, I guess. I never heard of it, eventhough I went to a Roman Catholic Highschool myself, but then again I am not a Christian. To me it is a supersticious thing, and I doubt it has anything to do with Christianity, it may be a local thing.

Hong Sien

Kewl. Thanks for the clarifications SniperD :D

Actually, I'm not afraid of the couple, they probably won't mind anything at all, actually me more afraid of the relatives/parents don't like, you know, old folks ;)

Yep will be wearing my cap there. Thanks folks!

my hair is also between 5 to 15mm long (depending on when i had it cut), so far, yet to hear anyone saying anything. :D

Originally posted by hongsien
Whether you believe in this or not doesn't matter, but the couple or their parents may believe in it, so better you ask beforehand, I guess. I never heard of it, eventhough I went to a Roman Catholic Highschool myself, but then again I am not a Christian. To me it is a supersticious thing, and I doubt it has anything to do with Christianity, it may be a local thing.

Hong Sien

Ok... :embrass: Hope they don't mind I wear cap.

Originally posted by espn
Ok... :embrass: Hope they don't mind I wear cap.
i got a nice warm beanie cap you can borrow... :D

can i take your photo??? *innocent look*

:rolleyes: @ Larry

I've got my own cap, thanks :D you can take as many shots of me as you like, if you can find me first :devil:

eek
i cant imagine espn with no hair :eek:

can i take ur portrait also? haha or maybe i just take that pic i took of you and shave off the hair :p

Well just imagine me with no hair, anyway you'll see me on sunday with a cap. You're welcome to snap me, but then must snap my back cannot snap face... :bsmilie: and in return you must let me snap you :devil: How's that? Your portrait for mine. :devil:

Think it's quite a big hoo-ha to see a bald guy walking around my estate and in office. Lucky fo me my boss not around and monday I go back camp. Heehee.

Status
Not open for further replies.