Tablet from Genius

Status
Not open for further replies.

nonamesg

Oct 16, 2006
SG
Last edited:
Hello CSer, need your opinion on the following for basic photoshop usage:

[URL="Genius Tablets]http://www.geniusnet.com/geniusOnline/online.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=productPage&productPortlet_actionOverride=%2Fportlets%2FproductArea%2Fcategory%2FgetSubCategory&productPortletcmd=query&productPortletsubId=1116026&_editionLabel=%2FGlobal%2FHQ%2FEnglish&test=default[/URL]

1. Easy-Pen i405
2. G-Pen 304
3. MousePen608

Don't waste money, go get yourself a Wacom.

Wacom bamboo will suffice

Oh...

Will the difference be in term of integration with CS4 and/or the level of user friendliness?

actually,

genius is pretty ok. that i have to say.
the feel is cheaper, but funcationality wise.. ok.

im using a genius one and its fine....

honestly i laugh at the people who believe they need the precision that wacoms have... unless your a graphics designer or something like that you dont honestly need that fine a pen... imo for photography you dont need down to the microdot precision with the pen... genius ones are good enough...

i actually agree...

Personally I like to blow up the image and ammend by pixel. saves a lot of trouble.

i am using a Genius MousePen 8 x 6. I havent tried using Wacom on any commercial work before and i also hope if someone can show some measureable difference between Wacom and other brands like Genius.

Thanks.

As the rest have said there are differences. I am now using Wacam Intous 3. In the past I have used Aiptek. It was a disaster. I suggest you find out how the pen work. Even Intous 3 and the Graphire 4 series works differently and many prefer in the Intous. I have not done any comparison. I got a good deal on the I3

hos is genius fare? I wanted a cheap tablet to start off wif.

like i said, i hope to go on to wacom but right now, Genius seems to be a gd starter for me...

Thing is with wacom tablets, you'll never actually need to 'upgrade' even when newer versions comes out. And they dont seem to ever fail as well. There are many intuos 2 tablets still going strong in my office. I googled and it says they were out in 02-03?!

No experience with other brands though.

Last edited:
Thing is with wacom tablets, you'll never actually need to 'upgrade' even when newer versions comes out. And they dont seem to ever fail as well. There are many intuos 2 tablets still going strong in my office. I googled and it says they were out in 02-03?!

No experience with other brands though.

Ok thanks. I mean the Genius Tablet feels like scratching on Chalk Board but it gets the job done. Haha... Maybe i should sell it to the TS and get a Wacom... haha... :bsmilie:

Yup, the Genius does get the job done. I use the MousePen 8x6. It has served me well for the past 2-3 years, albeit with light useage only.

Only concern is the durability. The pen does feel cheap and switches/buttons look like they can break at any time.

If you're just into using a tablet for fun occasionally, get the Genius. Anything heavier than that, you're probably better off with Wacom/Bamboo in the long run.

Getting some basic work done, I guess Genius has some credits. But as I am using 64-bit windows system, it has never failed to churn out quirks. Especially the pressure sensitivity of the pen which fails everytime when I restart my photoshop, or if I select a different tool in photoshop. Occasionally, it fails to work at all.

This remains true when I was using the mousepen on windows 7 RC, which seems to exhibit the same quirks as well. I'd wish to have gone straight for a better tablet rather than going through this...

i have a wacom bamboo.. and i have to testify abit for it

once i accidetnally drop the pen to a glass of water . boom, the pen stopped working at once. but i leave it three days in the dry cabi. and then it worked again, until now.. i think bcoz wacom pen doesnt have batt inside, it possible for the pen to work again after drawn in water..
after service in singapore is also good. my bamboo was dead once. i brought it to the service centre and ask them if they can repair it for me. they replace it with a new one! it was still under warranty then.

Thanks for the input fellows.

I am more or less set on getting the Bamboo as this is within the price range that I am comfortable with. My kid told me that they are using Bamboo in their creative class too and to think that if this could survive the hands of lower primary student, it should be worth the extra dollar spent.

Cheers and have a nice day ahead.

hi there,

I am a user of pen tablets namely genius 6x8, tooya pro A4 and a wacom bamboo.

I would recommend wacom bamboo and genius, depending on cost and use. the construction of genius is cheaper than the wacom's but it does the job done. pressure sensitivity is quite nice ( I think a little better than bamboo) though the battery adds a little weight that makes it a little uncomfortable for the hand. bamboo's pad is a lot nicer than the geniuses and it feels that there's some paper feel resistance to it. Genius just have this plastiky slippery feeling to it that make my strokes overshoot (sometimes). for the durability of the tablets? I think I could vote for the two (genius and the wacom) I already have my genius for quite a while already and haven't got any problems on it except for the tips that I don't know where to buy.

regardless of price, genius is a pick if your just going to mask and some adjustment on your pictures. other than that, Bamboo is a good start for budding graphics artists who is starting to draw. Intuos and cintiq are for professionals.

for tooya pro, it's a lousy piece. don't even try to touch it... :thumbsd:

For pen tablet, Wacom have 2 different model currenty, the consumer model would be Bamboo or Bamboo Fun. For Pro user, there is Intuos model, high end tablet.

For simple hand draw, painting and sketching, the consumer model is good enought. For real graphics user or pro user, especially photoshop user who need a precise tool on photo retouch or photo editing, Intuos tablet is recommended. (current old model is Intuos3, new one is Intuos4)

Status
Not open for further replies.