Tablet for tethered shooting

Kenji

Jan 18, 2002
Singapore
alexq.multiply.com
Is there any tablet that are able for tethered shooting? Been waiting for Windows8 tablet and finally is out. But there is Win RT and Windows 8. I heard that Win RT are not able to install external software beside the apps. Is there anyone using tablet(regardless it is iOS, Android, Window) that are able for tethered shooting in studio?

PS : I find it's better to bring tablet than laptop for its weight

Do a search for:

Tablet tethered tethering

And start reading the results. :)

Is there any tablet that are able for tethered shooting? Been waiting for Windows8 tablet and finally is out. But there is Win RT and Windows 8. I heard that Win RT are not able to install external software beside the apps. Is there anyone using tablet(regardless it is iOS, Android, Window) that are able for tethered shooting in studio?

PS : I find it's better to bring tablet than laptop for its weight
There are plenty of Android apps in Google Play Store for such a purpose, not too sure about the other two though.

Do you want it via cable or just using wireless?
If you are using cable connections can consider those with HDMI input.
If you are using something like Eye-fi card, you might be able to hook it up to iPad for that purpose. But do check out how good it is, as I would expect the transfer speed to be slow for you.

Do you want it via cable or just using wireless?
If you are using cable connections can consider those with HDMI input.
If you are using something like Eye-fi card, you might be able to hook it up to iPad for that purpose. But do check out how good it is, as I would expect the transfer speed to be slow for you.

Wow, I didnt know now can go wireless. I think as long as there is apps for Window RT, then it's a good buy. So actually trying to know if tethering works on tablet too.

I am targetting Window RT tablet and does anyone know what is the apps name for tethering shooting?

Last edited:
Wow, I didnt know now can go wireless. I think as long as there is apps for Window RT, then it's a good buy. So actually trying to know if tethering works on tablet too.

I am targetting Window RT tablet and does anyone know what is the apps name for tethering shooting?

I guess the question is... "Has anyone bothered to even write one yet?". With a tiny (less than 2%) marketshare, developers will focus on Android and iPad first.

Hint: If there were such an app, then googling for "Windows RT tethered shooting" would have given you the results.

say no to proprietary software . say no to Fruits or Small and Limp.

My android tablet can work wirelessly with my canon wirelessly grip for tethered shooting without any external software installation. Got count?

I guess the question is... "Has anyone bothered to even write one yet?". With a tiny (less than 2%) marketshare, developers will focus on Android and iPad first.

Hint: If there were such an app, then googling for "Windows RT tethered shooting" would have given you the results.

Well, if that's the case I rather get Windows 8 pro rather than Windows RT?

Well, if that's the case I rather get Windows 8 pro rather than Windows RT?

AFAIK Windows 8 Pro should be "desktop" windows running on Intel chips, thus you can use Lightroom and the regular Windows apps.

there are some for Canon and Nikon. can't recall the name though. try googling Canon Android Apps.

Yup! What is the apps name?

The canon wireless grip support wireless remote shooting vis eos utility n cines woth an in-built application called wft server. Both will allow u to remotely shoot via wireless without additional software. Wft server is accessed via web browser.

Anyone have use it with Window 8 tablet?

Have not tried it on windows 8 tablet but based on theory, since it is browser based. Remote shooting should not b a problem. Wireless transfer requires mobile ap n ftp server. If this 2 components are available. There should not b any problem as well.

But the above is based on technology required. Didn't really try it out before so try at your own risk. Or alternatively, we can test it out if u have a windows 8 tablet... lol