Tablet advice

Gymrat76

May 10, 2004
Hey all

Am going to the US next month and was considering picking up a tablet for some light use: reading, email and browsing

I'm torn between the Nexus 7 and the Kindle Fire HD (both 32 GB versions). Price point for both are about the same, and from reviews the Nexus appears to have more to offer.

Question: Since the main function will be for reading (books, emails, online articles), which tablet should I get? Thanks! :)

The Nexus 7 is a very flexible general purpose tablet. The KF HD is geared towards consuming Amazon content.

The Nexus 7 is a very flexible general purpose tablet. The KF HD is geared towards consuming Amazon content.

Agree...

Unless you must die die buy lots of content from Amazon... think KF isn't as flexible as Nexus... :think:

Just root it... then it's very flexible too.

But the nexus will always be the most up to date

Actually, I am quite tired of the Android interface. Maybe can try Microsoft Surface tablet. Windows 8 is a breath of fresh air. There are lesser apps but enough to do most of what I need a tablet for. So actually less cluttered home screen. The live tiles are also interesting.

Actually, I am quite tired of the Android interface. Maybe can try Microsoft Surface tablet. Windows 8 is a breath of fresh air. There are lesser apps but enough to do most of what I need a tablet for. So actually less cluttered home screen. The live tiles are also interesting.
You can install Windows 8 launcher and theme on Android what.

Download APK from XDA.

Last edited:
Thanks guys.

For those who travel to the USA frequently, are there any shops I can pop in to buy the Nexus (to avoid the hassle of online purchase and shipping to my hotel)? Thinking to maybe pop into WalMart or Staples or something and buying the Nexus 7 32GB 4G set..

Gymrat76 said:
Thanks guys.

For those who travel to the USA frequently, are there any shops I can pop in to buy the Nexus (to avoid the hassle of online purchase and shipping to my hotel)? Thinking to maybe pop into WalMart or Staples or something and buying the Nexus 7 32GB 4G set..

Walmart, Staples or Gamestop carries them. Best Buy does not.