T_T ! 7month camera question

S2Glow

Nov 23, 2011
I will be getting Dry cabi on thursday but the question is i been keeping my camera on a drybox without the silica gel.

die liao lah , will the lens grow fungus @ 7month ? my camera still working fine though hmm.

I will be getting Dry cabi on thursday but the question is i been keeping my camera on a drybox without the silica gel.

die liao lah , will the lens grow fungus @ 7month ? my camera still working fine though hmm.

Fungus will grow within 2 months.... unless you have been constantly using the camera and lens. Good luck

If it's a dry box without gel then it's just a box, not a dry box. Check thoroughly, maybe you are lucky and it's still fine. If not, then it's time to approach your service center for cleaning.

If you don't spot anything wrong, then it is fine.

Have you seen anything wrong with your camera and lenses... something like web-like thingy on your photos? If not, you are probably alright.

fungus wont affect your cam working function,

will affect your photo only.

try to take photo on a white paper, try maybe f18? or more? to check if there's any webby webby thingy appear anot,

good luck to you.

fungus wont affect your cam working function,

will affect your photo only.

try to take photo on a white paper, try maybe f18? or more? to check if there's any webby webby thingy appear anot,

good luck to you.

That will mainly show fungus on the sensor, NOT on the lens.

Get one of those superbright (but cheap cheap) LED torchlights and flash it into your lens. Look for webs.

Well, you took 7 months to decide get a dry cabinet, just hope that the fungus will took longer than you to decide to grow on your camera and lens lor. :p

almost moved your thread ......thought this was a Hungry Ghost Festival topic

hope nothing untoward has happened to TS' photographic equipment.

I would think they (the fungus spores) would be having a party by now ;)

just checked 1 of my lens. no web but got some dot dot o_o! i assume is dust :O

Did you pipe CO2 gas using a CO2 regulator into your drybox? Everyone knows you need a CO2 regulator installed on your mini incubator.. :bsmilie:

this thread is getting interesting... what is a CO2 regulator? Is it needed in a drybox? Where can I get a CO2 regulator? And how to use it?Any advise is appreciated.

this thread is getting interesting... what is a CO2 regulator? Is it needed in a drybox? Where can I get a CO2 regulator? And how to use it?Any advise is appreciated.
:thumbsup: :bsmilie:
(Please read the last words of bonrya's post again .. and compare with the initial question.)

like the posts above, there are certain tell tale signs of fungus growth so look for them first. They grow quickly in ideal conditions though.

If service center reject to help you clean the lens, try looking for Fatigue or if you feel courageous can look at the various diy methods on the internet.

Last edited:
almost moved your thread ......thought this was a Hungry Ghost Festival topic

can't help to quote this, damn funny! :bsmilie:

Actually hor, if service center really reject to help you clean the lens, it must be very very bad, and all we can say is Good Luck To You.

Actually hor, if service center really reject to help you clean the lens, it must be very very bad, and all we can say is Good Luck To You.

Depends on there the fungus is. It is not common that if your fungus is grown on those troublesome lens elements, they will reject your lens, because they have to tear up your lens to take out the affected lens element to clean. It's troublesome, and they may not necessary have the expertise or dust-free environment to do it.

I've been rejected once before. You may have luck with Fatigue bro if he is able to clean your lens for such scenarios.

If it's the kit lens then it's maybe better to get a new one. The costs for cleaning in Service Center might easily exceed the costs for a new lens.