~ T.t ~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Splutter

Dec 28, 2003
Gim Boon Tai
www.splutterphotography.com
Another beauty to share. Think many are sick of seeing the panning shots, so hopefully here's something different. C&C welcome as usual. Hit me hard please!

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

wooo! one of my fave cars! heh. i'm no expert but i find the hot spots in the 2nd and 3rd shot really distracting.

i was wondering if stopping down the skies for more surreal shots will be better? i prefer the panning shots more! heh..

drumma, I actually tried removing the hotspots, but it looked weird without it. The problem with diffusion is that for cars you really need a freaking huge diffuser. Things like giant umbrellas only makes things worse most of the time.
I actually stopped down quite a bit already, to the point that I had to shoot at full power with my strobes. The skies you see here are actually underexposed by about 2 stops. Guess 600ws are really not enough :sweat: Today's weather is really interesting though, haven't seen SG w/o clouds for some time, and it's damn hot and sunny to boot.

nyxx88, errr ....

I feel that this series is the weakest among the cars photos you've shown. The interior shots are nice, but those exterior shots are quite horrible. It looks almost like photos taken with a P&S with direct flash on. Not too sure what you're trying to achieve, but could have gone for a harder look by narrowing your light to highlight a smaller portion of the car.

Thanks for the feedback kelccm,
It's actually pretty hard light already, no? Any harder and it'll look pasted on. It's not exactly direct flash since all the flashes used were pretty much off-axis.

drumma, I actually tried removing the hotspots, but it looked weird without it. The problem with diffusion is that for cars you really need a freaking huge diffuser. Things like giant umbrellas only makes things worse most of the time.
I actually stopped down quite a bit already, to the point that I had to shoot at full power with my strobes. The skies you see here are actually underexposed by about 2 stops. Guess 600ws are really not enough :sweat: Today's weather is really interesting though, haven't seen SG w/o clouds for some time, and it's damn hot and sunny to boot.

nyxx88, errr ....

i understand.. have tried shooting my dad's car before with my jinbei also..
yup.. u need huge softboxers or diffusers!!

Thanks for the feedback kelccm,
It's actually pretty hard light already, no? Any harder and it'll look pasted on. It's not exactly direct flash since all the flashes used were pretty much off-axis.

Ha ha, I know it is not direct flash. Just saying how I feel when I view it. Those 3 shots are like not here not there. I feel that it will give the car a different perspective by making the light even harder and narrower to really just illuminate a portion and darken the rest. I don't really know how to explain, but I did ever saw a car shoot in a car mag done in that way. But I think it'll be easier to achieve at dusk.

Well that is just my opinion. Ignore them if you think otherwise. ;) Hope to see more of your car photos. The rest of your car photos are excellent.

Hey bro, everyone's opinion is important to me. I dun seem to get much feedback anyway, lol. I get what you are saying. If only I could have done this shoot later. Quite bo bian also, have to return the car by 6+.

Thanks Witness and silver.wolf.
#1 is the image I had planned on shooting as soon as I looked at the location. Also spent much more time to setup. Hopefully it paid off.

Thanks Witness and silver.wolf.
#1 is the image I had planned on shooting as soon as I looked at the location. Also spent much more time to setup. Hopefully it paid off.

Sure paid off! But am also sure that photo still got room for improvement. Jiayou!

I prefer your other series on cars. The harsh light/shadows are distracting! Also, pic 2...dont see the point,...can't really see the back of the car..just the side of its a**.

Your other series were much better...most better than many local car magz...

Is your work featured in any local mags? do you get to drive the cars as well? (i'd imagine it to be shiok!!)

Thanks di0nysus, guess I have to try much harder! I did take all aspects of the car though, just not posted here. Nobody seems to want me yet :sweat: I did get to drive all the cars though, haha.

antere, noted :)

Status
Not open for further replies.