T K Foto Technic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha sure its subjective. Just asking only. anyway probably get from AP since maybe can get special pricing.

Well I am very sure it wasnt James, Richard or Phillip who served you for they can be very patient when answering customers.

Second that, not sure who is it you unfortunately met. But I am sure it's not James or Richard. They don't do such things since the first day I visited them...

Look for James :thumbsup: i got my 1st Dlsr in Nov and never look bck since.He provided me with excellent service and save me from buying unneccessary stuffs.2months later i went bck there to purchased a bag and he could actually recall what gear i had and advise me on which bag to get.Thats Service dude :D :thumbsup:

Abit curious... Based on past experience comparing the price from TK Foto & OP, which one would be better?

Personally for service (not after sales services) I don't expect much from the shops... I just ask for the price on what I want... what kind of other services do I need? :dunno:
stepped into OP my first time last week and "served" by this fella wearing the yellow Nikon jacket (i think he wears that 24/7 because everytime i pass by i see this yellow thing in there). i step in, i look at him, he look at me, like as though i am the staff. :thumbsd: so DAO.. will never let them earn my single cent!

on the other hand, TK is the place i made most of my purchases from. simply because of the good service there. thumbs up for James, Richard and the soft spoken uncle wearing specs, which i believe to be Phillip? they all give good advices. :thumbsup:

btw, i returned my brand new set in exchange for two times within 2 weeks (because they are out of stock and i had to wait for new shipment from Japan) and finally settled on the third and final set due to some sensor problem on earlier sets. that is some impressive after sales services man.. where else can we find that? unlike other shops who may simply 'taichi' and ask you go contact the respective service centers.. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Last edited:
thumbs up to TK as well. Got my gitzo and flash from them. They were patient enough to explain how to use each item and let me try out other alternatives.

Yeah just got something from them last Fri. Philip served me. Great service I must say. I had bad attitude from OP too.

Since this is about TK Photo, here is my take:

Richard is a friendly guy. He is straight and doesnt fool around with prices. He doesnt work in the way SLS does. He gives u his best price and thats it. No need to try to walk away in hope he reduces his price... It doesnt work. haha.

I think the other young man is his son. He is unfortunately, very discriminating.

I wanted to buy a product from Richard and his son was asked to bring out the cam to show me the picturs. I further enquire from his son on how the product works and asked in comparison with other products. IMMEDIATELY, he scorned at me and said that people who used the other product doesnt know how to take photographs.

I was taken aback. I mean, i have been using the alternative product for a year now. I have to admit my photos arent that great but you dont have to be demeaning to your customers...

wow tat young man u referring to is james or someone else?

TK has good service or at least I have always gotten good service from them. They are knowledgeable and can advise you accordingly. One of my preferred shops. :thumbsup:

Since this is about TK Photo, here is my take:

Richard is a friendly guy. He is straight and doesnt fool around with prices. He doesnt work in the way SLS does. He gives u his best price and thats it. No need to try to walk away in hope he reduces his price... It doesnt work. haha.

I think the other young man is his son. He is unfortunately, very discriminating.

I wanted to buy a product from Richard and his son was asked to bring out the cam to show me the picturs. I further enquire from his son on how the product works and asked in comparison with other products. IMMEDIATELY, he scorned at me and said that people who used the other product doesnt know how to take photographs.

I was taken aback. I mean, i have been using the alternative product for a year now. I have to admit my photos arent that great but you dont have to be demeaning to your customers...

I concur wif the above- the son's attitude is a bit snobbish- ai lai mai suak. Father more patient and courteous. all in all, ok shop- won't charge u exhorbitant prices, but won't be the cheapest. If u wan reliability, this is it. If u wan best price, gotta shop around.

i'm curious.... who's the 'son' we are talking about here?

Got a good service from them last month. Bought a bunch of memory cards, a flash plus other accessories. James gave me a good price to the surprise of Philip. :thumbsup::)

How about comparing non-grey sets like Lens & camera bodies?

yep, just compare OP local warranty sets' prices with those from other shops.
I think they don't sell local warranty products, maybe except for some.
But anyway, PLEASE VERIFY from the shop before buying. that's the safest way. Don't quote online forum says.... etc.

Ask the shop ask repair center customer service to confirm.

Last edited:
Hmmm anyone bought from AP and can share experiences? Did read the thread about AP bad service from the list of popular shop threads with the bad service sub-threads linked. But well not every single person can have a pleasant experience at any shop. Just to check though I probably will check down there anyway, is the warranty covered by AP local and are there 'grey' items since it got recommended here in Clubsnap

Hmmm anyone bought from AP and can share experiences? Did read the thread about AP bad service from the list of popular shop threads with the bad service sub-threads linked. But well not every single person can have a pleasant experience at any shop. Just to check though I probably will check down there anyway, is the warranty covered by AP local and are there 'grey' items since it got recommended here in Clubsnap
As mention earlier, how can you know that Canon/Nikon/Fuji etc... knows how to see your lens/camera has got warranty covered? Check out with original manufacturer.
Sometime shops can say the wrong things about warranty, so best to double check both sides. if not go to those reputable shops recommended here and don't get conned.

Last edited:
ok sure thing thanks! sorry if I asked again but its a big investment and would like to seek and clarify my doubts.

hmmm. never been to Tk before as i usually go to peninsula plaza, just because there are other camera store...

are there any other store at shaw besides TK? sorry for the noob questions

hmmm. never been to Tk before as i usually go to peninsula plaza, just because there are other camera store...

are there any other store at shaw besides TK? sorry for the noob questions

no. got a lot of other types of store, but camera, seems like they are the only ones that cater to the clubsnap type of crowd

Tk sounds like to good place to buy stuff, maybe i'll check them out.
But does anyone know if TK sells Crumpler bags? been wanting to get the 7Mill.

I emailed them last week but till now no reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.