T E M P O R A L C I T Y

We live in the temporal city.
Everything changes around here.
Always in a state of transition.
Nothing stays long enough here.
Unsettling as its reflection.

BW Shot of Temporary NDP Parade Platform
at Marina Bay. The construction site got
me thinking about the place we live again.

Hi CSers, this is my first post :cheers:
Looking forward to your comments on my work.​

Very interesting picture you have there of the platform. But there seems to be too much negative space at the top. Would a square crop be better for this?

Is it upside down intentionally?

This is a cool photo! Love the -ve space on top. It feels kind of like the city melting away.

Very interesting picture you have there of the platform. But there seems to be too much negative space at the top. Would a square crop be better for this?

Hi, Zac.

With regards to your question, I felt that the -ve space is important to complement the "upsidedown" flipping of the subject to convey the idea of reflection preceding the real structures. While i was at i thought that a square crop would not be as effective to communicate the idea.

Thx for your opinion. Much appreciated :D

Excellent use of reflection for dramatic effect; It's like having pivoted the world on the tip of a ballpoint pen.

Wrt to your comment on everything being in a state of transition, I'd like to point out that while the reflection shifts, the image of the physical structure it reflects is still brought to mind.

Real transition happens when physical structures are done away with, which is pretty much what is happening all around us nowadays.

En bloc my homeland, anyone ?

Hi, Zac.

With regards to your question, I felt that the -ve space is important to complement the "upsidedown" flipping of the subject to convey the idea of reflection preceding the real structures. While i was at i thought that a square crop would not be as effective to communicate the idea.

Thx for your opinion. Much appreciated :D

No worries, we're offering opinions and it's YOUR story to tell... ;)

i love it! the -ve space, seems so full of stuff instead of just being 'space' You had brought on a new perspective on me to the NDP platform. Gd job. keep it up.

Excellent use of reflection for dramatic effect; It's like having pivoted the world on the tip of a ballpoint pen.

Wrt to your comment on everything being in a state of transition, I'd like to point out that while the reflection shifts, the image of the physical structure it reflects is still brought to mind.

Real transition happens when physical structures are done away with, which is pretty much what is happening all around us nowadays.

En bloc my homeland, anyone ?

Thats a pretty funny statement, en bloc my homeland lol :sweatsm:
Thanks for dropping a note Eric

i love it! the -ve space, seems so full of stuff instead of just being 'space' You had brought on a new perspective on me to the NDP platform. Gd job. keep it up.

Thanks Nigel, good to know you see it that way :)

i like what you've done with this.

shows that old ideas can find new life, old thoughts can be expressed in new ways :)

Status
Not open for further replies.