System very slow when open up RAW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys..

When i download a picture from my Lexar 1 GB CF 80x to my PC Picture folder it hangs.:cry: Is it becoz of high resolution of my D70s setting 3008x2000 NEF RAW? or my PC 512 DDR2 RAM , 256MB PCI -Ex Graphic Card , 3.2GHz Win Xp Home Edition? I can't view normaly like Jpeg format. I must use Nikon View. Pls advise..:embrass:

6 MB files from you D70 shouold not be a problem for any PC that is configured for processing digital images. Your PC has a horrible configuration. You should not have skimmed on RAM.

You have to use Nikon View or some progtrams like ADCSee with the right plugins, Adobe Bridge or Photoshop to view/process the RAW files.

However, if you do not know anything about RAW processing and DI, better off shooint JPEG.

download microsoft raw file viewer....

Upgrade system also...

hawkeyes said:
Guys..

When i download a picture from my Lexar 1 GB CF 80x to my PC Picture folder it hangs.:cry: Is it becoz of high resolution of my D70s setting 3008x2000 NEF RAW? or my PC 512 DDR2 RAM , 256MB PCI -Ex Graphic Card , 3.2GHz Win Xp Home Edition? I can't view normaly like Jpeg format. I must use Nikon View. Pls advise..:embrass:
Just upgrade your ram to around 2GB and use a dedicated memory card reader :).

Deadpoet said:
6 MB files from you D70 shouold not be a problem for any PC that is configured for processing digital images. Your PC has a horrible configuration. You should not have skimmed on RAM.

You have to use Nikon View or some progtrams like ADCSee with the right plugins, Adobe Bridge or Photoshop to view/process the RAW files.

However, if you do not know anything about RAW processing and DI, better off shooint JPEG.

I'm a newbie.. that why i'm here to ask around with u guys..Thank for the help and comment

hawkeyes said:
Guys..

pump up all the ram u can put on your computer.ull see the diffrence:lovegrin:

Hi,

The external USB2.0 CF card-reader will probably do the best for speeding up the transfer; I think D70s is only at USB1.1 speed so try not to download directly from the camera.

hawkeyes said:
.. I'm download my CF card thru my Epson Printer R310 where there a multiple card reader. I don't noe where it start the problem and which equipment at fault????
a dedicated card reader is alot faster. i experienced that my brother printer card reader is slow.

hawkeyes said:
Hey..

I already check my motherboard can support up to 4 GB max.. So is there any configuration i need to change? Thank guys

add 3.5GB of ram to your system...

Raw files eats ram...

hawkeyes said:
.. I'm download my CF card thru my Epson Printer R310 where there a multiple card reader. I don't noe where it start the problem and which equipment at fault????

Printers usually use USB1.1, so you will experience slow copying or downloading even if the built-in card reader is capable of higher speeds.

Status
Not open for further replies.